Stress Eating?

Darla S.
on 11/14/11 12:16 am - Maple Grove, MN
Of course I remember you, Deb - we had fun together at the lodge!

I've just had what seems like more than my share of stress in the past 2-3 years. (I know, haven't we all??)  I found it necessary to minimize as many of the unnecessary factors as I can in my life.  I need the energy for those things and people I really have to be there for, and of course I have maintained several very close friendships that came to me thanks to WLS.   I know I've hurt some people by letting go, which was never my intention - I just couldn't keep giving of myself, my time, my energy, without it affecting my family.

As for your 20 pound gain?  It's normal.  Remember the big 'conflict' here a few years ago, when certain perfect little soldiers claimed it wasn't acceptable to see that happen?  That you should never eat another m&m or frito as long as you live?  Bull****  It IS normal, statistics don't lie.  Doritos didn't disappear from the shelves just because we had WLS, restaurants still offer desserts, and even if you have only protein and vegetables in your shopping cart, you will always find candy in the checkout lane.  Not that we have to LIKE regain, just never forget how far you are still ahead of where you once were!  And never forget that you still have your tool, and it is always your choice to USE it as it was intended.  That's what it all comes down to, CHOICES.  You can eat protein first, or you can waste precious space and calories on donuts and pop.  You can avoid water 30 minutes before and after meals, you can chew your food to applesauce consistancy, blah, blah, blah.  The only thing you should NEVER do is give up.

Take care, don't be a stranger ~

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1373 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1147 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2618 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2698 views