Greek Yogurt idea

Darla S.
on 12/13/11 11:11 pm, edited 12/13/11 11:21 pm - Maple Grove, MN
I've posted a few ideas I've had over the years - well, I just kinda stumbled across another a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd share it with you!

I love Greek yogurt - and I LOVE how it's becoming so much easier to find! Used to have to go to Byerly's or Trader Joes to find it, but now you can get it pretty much anywhere! I love Chobani, but I hate the price. Plus, in case you hadn't noticed, the PLAIN greek yogurts typically have a higher protein content than the flavored ones - so I usually stick with the 0 fat varieties.

Of course, you can't really EAT plain greek yogurt unless you're using it as a sour cream substitute, so I usually stir in some fruit and Splenda, or in a pinch, some sugar-free fruit spread.

Well, I got to work one day with my plain yogurt, but NO FRUIT or SPLENDA! Crap... how to eat it? I ALWAYS have SF raspberry lemonade drink mixes handy - Crystal Light, or a store brand, they're all good. So just for ****s & giggles, I mixed one of those into a cup of plain Greek yogurt....

Can I just say, YUM-DIDDY!!!! It was fantastic!!! Raspberry Lemonade Greek Yogurt! Really tart and flavorful!

Give your favorite flavor a try!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Marsha F.
on 12/14/11 2:58 am

I've tried the greek yogurt before and didn't like it.  I do eat yoplait light white chocolate strawberry and dang is that good.  Thank you for your words my Darla Lou..... I am heading to the gym tonight.  I think I finished what beer I had last night, so I will try not to buy anymore....I am glad I have you guys...... I will try to make it to a coffee soon.

Love ya woman

seashell6417
on 12/17/11 10:00 am - Gaylord, MN
Thanks for the tip!  I have been in a pumpkin cheesecake Greek yogurt rut lately and need to change it up.
Tami

catasteams
on 12/18/11 11:01 am - Big Lake, MN
I just made pumpkin pie with greek yogurt instead of evaporated milk. Very tasty.
Diamond Girl
on 12/26/11 1:16 pm - Ham Lake, MN
 Great tip, Darla - thank you for sharing! I have blueberry lemonade on hand...will have to give that one a try.

I tend to put the flavored coffee syrups in mine - or just a little honey & granola.

Fage is still my favorite brand and I've found the best prices to be Target on those one's.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1339 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1130 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2596 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views