5 Weeks Into the New Year--where are your resolutions?

rjsams
on 1/30/12 12:23 am - Eagan, MN
Hi All:

Where are the folks that said they would be accountable with me?  5 weeks in and we've already lost our posters?   I can't be the only one who needs to regularly 'fess up 

Anyway, I did a hard workout last week on Tuesday, and my knees were pretty shot for running the rest of the week, so my mileage was way down.  Not my appetite, unfortunately.  Also, went to a family party last night with cake and ice cream, snacks and lots of good food, and I was not on my best game.  Oh well, at least I held pretty steady this week.

Starting weight: 298.4 lbs
Last week: 141.4  lbs
This week: 141.7
Gain of 0.3 lbs.  I'll take that. 

Back to the hard work this week.  I really want to be consistently under 140, and it's been awhile since I've been there. 

redsnapper1975
on 1/30/12 7:30 am
Hello,

I've been bad about posting- sometimes because I just don't feel like pasting in all the numbers- lol- how lazy is that???  :)  Sorry!

I've had two good weeks and am hoping to continue the pattern after finally getting to ONEDERLAND!  Last week down 2.8, this week 3.6- and I couldn't be happier.  It's helping to track on myfitnesspal.com.  If you're on there, come find me- same screen name.

I am down 118.2 since I began the journey last May and I have about 10 pounds to go before my BMI hits the merely overweight range- that's my next little goal.

Have a good week, all!

~ Kim

Jessica A.
on 1/30/12 7:40 am - Auburn, AL
 Hey Renae!

I have been incognito for awhile.  I hardly get online these days.  Between two jobs, and my kids I am so busy.  I just had my one year checkup on January 12th.  Wow a year already!  My goal for this year is to just get to goal.  I have been fluctuating up and down with five pounds.  I have been feeling so tired lately and sore for no apparent reason.  I got my labs back and found that my Vitamin D is getting awful low.  I also found out low D can cause sore muscles, depression and difficulty losing weight.  Hmmmmm i'm thinking this may be why i'm struggling with this last bit of weight.  So I went out and got a higher dose of D and have started my new regimen so hopefully this may be the boost that I need to get that last bit of weight off.  I haven't been working out so that also doesn't help things.  I do have a physical job so i've been using that as my excuse for exercising.  Sad excuse I know, but i'm really glad I don't have an office job.  I still don't get enough fluids in per day so that is another thing on the list for goals.  For a little while there, I got hooked on diet soda but discovered that it actually makes me want to snack more when I drink it so I nipped that in the bud and haven't had any in three weeks.  Lo and behold I don't feel like snacking now.  I talked to my surgeon about this and he said he read that people who drink diet soda tend to be hungry more.  Coincidence? Maybe but it seems to be the case for me.  So there is a dose of accountability for me for now.  :)

Stuck at 165 lbs for the last few months but I know I will get to goal!

Jessy

rjsams
on 1/31/12 12:22 am - Eagan, MN
Woot!  Yay, success stories and positive attitudes.  I like that. 

I'm glad I haven't gone back to diet pop, Jessica, because I've heard the same thing.  My appetite doesn't need any stimulation, LOL. 

I did 30 mins on the elliptical this morning, and have 5 miles of interval running on the schedule for tonight.  I think I will sleep well.  It's so nice out we decided to skip the Metrodome and do the workout outside--better for my knees, too. 

Happy day, everyone!

speechied
on 1/31/12 12:09 pm
Thanks Renae for keeping us honest! I am down 1.5 pounds and so happy to see the 140's. It's been about 20 years! 

last weeks weight 150
this week 148.5

I had a great night on the treadmill last night. I did over 2 miles! I am feeling really good this week and my choices are much better.

Enjoyed seeing you at coffee last weekend! Hope your week is a good one!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1430 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1174 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2644 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2721 views