5 Years

Darla S.
on 4/27/12 2:23 am - Maple Grove, MN
I have no long, drawn out thoughts to share, just realized this morning that it was 5 years ago today when Dr. Jones saved my life.

It has surely been something of a roller coaster ride - mostly good, but as with most people, the economy has really messed things up for my family.  We're managing, and I'm glad that I can't often turn to food for stress relief.

I've made a lot of really wonderful friends on this journey, and, I've lost a few.  I always think back to that 'reason, season or lifetime' philosophy - I cherish everyone who has come into my life, whether they are still a part of my life or not.  I know I couldn't keep up at the pace I had going for the first 2-3 years post op, always planning the next get-together, running-running-running...  It had to taper off, or my family would have staged a social intervention on me!

I have, unfortunately, not been to PNC's support group meetings for probably 9 months or more - not that I haven't wanted to go, but since last August I have a part-time job in addition to my full time job, so if I'm NOT scheduled to work on a support group night, I tend to want to just BE HOME. 

Anyway, I'm rambling.  Sorry.  Just wanted to express how important this board has been to me since I embarked on this journey.  It's a lot quieter in here now than it used to be, no thanks to me, but - it's still a very good place to come with issues & all.

I wish you all the success in YOUR journeys ~ it's worth it all!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Marsha F.
on 4/27/12 3:19 am
My sweet Darla Lou, how en the hell I came up with that is beyond me, LOL
anways you have been a huge support person on here even though other people have come and gone, we know you are always here.  You are doing such an AWESOME job and you look GORGEOUS...... I love the new pic.
I am trying to find may way back and be on here more, things change and happen, that we can't control.  Now I am rambling.....LOL

Hugs to you woman I LOVE YOU.........

Sarsha

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1337 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1129 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2595 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2688 views