Early summer weigh-in: are you ready for bathing suit season?

rjsams
on 6/4/12 1:13 am - Eagan, MN
Okay, that's a joke, because I am never ready for bathing suit season.  I have way too much skin to be comfortable in spandex, but you know what?  IDK, I'm going to hang out at the pool anyway!  I have worked too hard to get this smaller body, I want to show it off, wrinkly skin and all.

Paying attention to the late-night snacking has paid off for me this week.  It also helped that I am ramping up my exercise again.  Got the bike back from the shop and I'm adding cycling workouts in with the runs.  Starting tomorrow I will be adding lap swimming, too.  My first triathlon is only a month away, yikes!!

Starting weight:  298.4
Last week: 142.5
This week: 139.9 (I was 138.9 after my run this morning, but I better count the earlier weight, LOL)
Loss of 2.6 lbs this week

Paul, I don't know if you are back from Wisconsin yet.  You may not be able to log your miles, but if so, I did 15.7 miles running last week, plus another 13.6 on the bike and 3.7 on the elliptical. 

Report in, everybody.  What are you doing right?  What do you need to concentrate on this week?  It's a never-ending battle...

Paul H.
on 6/7/12 9:23 pm - Eagan, MN
 HI Renee, I got in about 3 AM this morning and I am planning on maiking Saturday coffee. I had a great 10 days at my son's home, but there was something wrong with me. I woke up early every day and worked that multifloor monster of a home ALL day long. 
             It is amazing how much resilience I had. I made darn sure I kept hydrated as the first four days were in the high 80's.
              I got in NO biking or walks (unless you count mowing the grass) but the long days remodeling the kitchen and bath really worked in my favor, I put in 14-18 hours a day. I did snack somewhat less, and realy watched the types of food I ate. I am down about 3  pounds off the top over the last 8 days. I am feeling great. 
              I just wish I could sleep better. The three and four hour night rests have to stop.

HW 378
SW 332
LW 220
regain to 260
Current 255 
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

MaryMargaret C.
on 6/7/12 9:53 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Good Morning My Friend!

I sure do miss you!  Please be comforted in the fact that I am really living due to weight loss. My exercise regeim is not nearly as great as it was, ergo the 3 pound increase. Going to OA keeps the carb/sugar monster at bay. I have recently been paying attention to that uncomfortable feeling I get when eating dense protein. It used to scare me, but now brings me comfort.

Yesterday, I had a hard shell taco from TB, and smiled when I had finished eating one. Two years ago, I would have eaten six and washed it down with a diet coke.

I just wish the mirror would stop telling me I am fat. I'm working on it, but the great fact remains: When I look in the mirror, I see a really heavy lady, and when I hold up the jeans, I know that is not true. It's scary to realize how sick my mind is. They tell me awareness is the first step to change and I must believe the folks who walked before me.

So until that happens, every morning I look in the mirror and shoot that ****eyed smile at me and say, "You look FABULOUS!"

See you soon!

Starting weight:  298.0
Last week: 134.2
This week:  133.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1405 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1160 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2629 views