Help....

Teresa N.
on 12/26/13 8:40 am - wabasha, MN

It's been almost 4 yrs since iv has wls...went from 300 to 165.. Maintained for a few years... And got pregnant at 180lbs..I now have a 6 month old baby girl and I'm 215lbs..I feel sluggish and not healthy...I need to get back on track!!!! Help help help!! 

catasteams
on 1/1/14 4:19 am - Big Lake, MN

Do you remember how you ate after you had surgery?  I think you just need to go back to the basics and follow the rules for eating.  Protein first, chew thoroughly, eat slowly, vegies, limit carbs, get in your fluids.  Monitor weight daily, keep track of intake and exercise.  Count calories if necessary but I think counting Protein grams is more effective.  Use and online tracking system if you need to...I liked My Plate on the Livestrong site.  There are many others and apps for smart phones (I don't have a smart phone).  

Best wishes with getting back on track.  Carol

rjsams
on 1/15/14 6:27 am - Eagan, MN

I totally understand, Teresa!  I am going in the wrong direction right now as well.  For me, I can identify the problem as not getting as much exercise as I was before (and still eating as if I were getting that much exercise!!)

Knowing the problem is not the same as adopting the solution, tho!  Motivation to get my butt out of bed in the morning to exercise is hard to come by.  I did get a Fitbit, so I have been tracking my steps and active minutes each day, and it is slowly improving. 

Hang in there!  You can do it!  You have the tools and the knowledge, just work on making small changes at a time!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1350 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1139 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2604 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2692 views