MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Frantastick
on 8/23/20 12:15 am

Thank you for this information!!

athena
on 4/7/09 12:09 am - doniphan, MO
Hi all, thanks for the great info, I am researching WLS and trying to find a dr that I can begin the process with.  I live in SEMO about 20 miles from Arkansas, does anyone know if one of the surgeons previously listed comes to Poplar Bluff, or if there are any WLS options in PB?  I am willing to go to St. Louis, or wherever, but making a weekly trip to attend classes and etc. would be a hardship.  Thanks.
mysister2001
on 4/8/13 11:48 pm

There is a new wls in poplar bluff,,, Dr Eldjouzi. there is a siminar he is giving on thurs. from 5=8pm at the new hospital. I know he does vsg, and rny. this is a free class and info and to meet ppl who have  had vsg .

happytobeme842
on 1/26/16 11:55 am

Try Blue Valley Surgical in O'Fallon, MO.  Usually it is just one appointment before you get surgery.

nuttiwebgal
on 4/7/09 4:51 pm
Try Little Rock Arkansas
my surgeon was Dr.John W Baker and he is a caring, skilled surgeon.
Takes medicare and operates at Baptist Regional....which is a COE also takes medicare
I also am close to the Ark. border and it was the same distance drive as the places here in MO.
just a thought...Good luck on your WLS journey!
 I have NO regrets!
nutti

athena
on 4/8/09 9:54 am - doniphan, MO
Thank you.
sherbear74
on 10/13/16 9:47 pm

Hi I'm new to all this but been wanting the sleeve I have Medicai/Medicare with UnitedHealth and I live close to Arkansas can you give me some info on the Dr Baker at Baptist?

AriKay2000
on 6/5/09 5:21 am - defiance, MO
Hi there! I am new to the board... well, sort of. I used to be a member on here from like 2001-2004/05. I had lapband, and for a couple of years only lost like 40 lbs... then it slipped and I lost 5-10 lbs a week and in less than 10 months had lost 160 lbs. (it was b/c I was throwing up all day every day).

After they took the band OUT b/c it was around my esophagus, I gained every single pound back.

Now, I am wanting to get this redone, correctly and go from there. However, I am on medicaid HealthCare USA and not sure where to go or what requirements that I need to meet...

Any help?

Thanks!!!!!!! 
karo67337
on 6/20/09 4:10 am - Coffeyville, KS
I had the same experience as you.

I had a lapband for over 8 years and lost 140 pounds. My band slipped, ended up with a horrowing experience from that and ended up haveing to have it removed. I gained 90 pounds in 9 months!
I ended up having a gastric bypass in Janruary of 08, but had to self-pay.

This may not be of any help to you, but I do know of a doctor in Tulsa OK that does the surgery with medicade and medicare and have a couple of friends who has used his surgical team...I believe his name is Dr Coles and Dr kastis with St Francis in Tulsa OK.
If you are interested, I will find out for sure of their info.

Don't give up...your second chance is on its way! Just look at this as a  one of life's learning experience and a second chance to get it right this time!
Blessings,
Carol in Kansas
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/09 9:38 pm - Kahoka, MO
Name ---  Chris Eagon
If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid---Yes to both
Phone number---314-454-8877
Facility----Barns Jewish/Washington Un. Physicians
Address --- 660 South Euclid Box 8109 St. Louis, Mo 63110

www.weightlosssurgery.wustl.edu
Most Active
Recent Topics