A question for the nurses out there, or anyone with an opinion

CherylParr
on 4/13/11 1:04 am - Seymour, MO
Hi,
It seems like I am having one problem after the other the last couple of weeks. I have been diagnosed with an incisional hernia. It is not painful but will have to be fixed. It was however painful for a couple of days after the surgeon dug around in it!
I have had issues with heart rhythm in the past, bygemony (sp) and trigemony (sp). In the last couple of weeks it feels like I am all out of rhythm again. The weird part is that if I can burp, it seems to stop and then gets worse as the gas builds back up. So I am confused whether I have a rhythm problem or a digestive one. Any ideas? Sometimes when I eat is gets really wild for a few minutes and then settles down.
I got some gas-X strips but haven't had them with me when it acts up to see if they will help.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
adamsamah
on 4/15/11 5:57 am - Nixa, MO
Wow, Cheryl. That's a new one for the board. I don't have any advice except to check with Dr. Edwards or your PCP. Hope you get it figured out soon.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

hazmat11
on 4/15/11 11:42 am
 I think any hernia needs to be fixed. There can be complications down the road. Talk to your doctor.
Susie

Jeanie_Rae
on 4/23/11 10:10 pm - Seymour, MO

Don't know if this will help, but I have been off my heart meds for a few weeks, my own doing, one was to regulate my heart rythym, after I eat especially if it's a gassy meal I get flutters but they go away, it could just be the gas, but I would sure check with your PCP to be sure.

JEANIE RAE            
Most Active
Recent Topics