Met my first goal!

ladybugnh
on 5/11/11 12:33 pm - Springfield, MO
My Orthopedic surgeon has agreed to do my right knee replacement finally! I will be having it replaced on the 25th of this month.
Every time the doc told me I had to lose over a hundred pounds before I could get it replaced it seemed like a task I would never be able to accomplish.
Now that I am so close to getting the first one replaced it still doesn't seem real sometimes.
I am scared of going through yet another surgery but excited about the possibility of being able to walk ok again.
I look forward to being able to take my grandkids to fun places and be able to walk around with them.

hazmat11
on 5/11/11 9:27 pm, edited 5/11/11 9:27 pm
 I am happy for you, I had both of mine replaced five years ago and it made such a difference in my life. Do all your exercises  even if you think you can't because it pays off in the long run.
Susie

ladybugnh
on 5/29/11 3:12 am - Springfield, MO
just got home from the hospital with my first new knee. The pain is excruciating and wondering why I did it. Of course 6 months ago I was wondering if my RNY was worth the pain. I know it was definately worth every bit of the pain. I am sure I will find the same true with this. It was hard to do the exercises while the PT staff was pushing me. I can just imagine how hard it will be to make myself do them. Please pray for strength for me. I came home to 17 kids running around. I still have several here. my one little guy thinks grandma should be able to play with him the same as before and is quite onery. it will be good to be healed so I can go out and play with him again.

Most Active
Recent Topics