New to MO Board

jw6mlan
on 5/29/11 1:04 am - MO
Hey all.  I'm new to the MO board as I moved recently from Detroit to St. Louis.  I hung out on the Michigan Board for several years and thought since I moved to MO, I might as well check out this board.  I'm looking for a support group in the St. Louis area as well as recommendations for a surgeon to continue with my follow-up.  I'm 7 1/2 years out and still feel like to stay on track with my weight loss, it is important to stay connected.  I look forward to getting to know many of you in the future.

Jon
hazmat11
on 5/29/11 6:02 am
 Can't help with St Louis meetings but welcome to the board. It has been slow here lately but hopefully things will pick up.
Susie

Jan C.
on 5/29/11 11:20 am - Cedar Creek, MO
welcome to the Mo. board.  hope you like us and stay around....we need people that will post and maybe get some of the people to posting again....

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

adamsamah
on 5/31/11 1:26 am - Nixa, MO
Welcome Jon. I know there are groups in the St. Louis area. Dr. De La Torre is there and St. Alexsis hospital does weight loss surgery. There are more I'm sure.
Welcome to Missouri and keep posting.
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

leanmama
on 5/31/11 7:31 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13
Dr De La Torre is no longer in St Louis,  Has been gone about 2.5 years.  Is the Medical Director of Surgery of UMC Hosp.  Dr J. Stephen Scott ( Medical Director) and Dr  Mario Morales at at De Paul.
leanmama
on 5/31/11 7:36 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13
Welcome to this MO boards the most active members seem to know each other in the north and south western part of the State.  I had surgery 11/2/10 - VSG and had it at De Paul.  The support meeting I attended are not very structured but have been pleaseant and educational.  I hve mobility issues and find it VERY difficult to attend as the parking lot is very full and then a LONG hilly walk to the May Center at De Paul.  Welcome.   

Pre Op 450 lbs +/ VSG 10/2011  421 lbs/ DS 4/2013 371 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics