Hi Everyone! Introductig Me! :)

moxiecowgirl
on 2/18/12 2:32 am - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
Hello, all!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction.  I'm new to the boards here.  I just found out that my insurance from my new job will cover bariatric surgery, so I'm really in the research stage right now while I wait for eligibility to begin next month.  I'm hoping to have surgery this fall.

A little bit about me:  I'm 38, from Kansas City (well, Independece), a mother of 3 and a grandmother to one precious little 6-week old girl, and generally pretty happy about every aspect of my life except my weight, so now it's time to change that.  I love music, reading, hanging out with my family, and general girly, fashion-oriented type things.  I'm hoping to find lots of great friends here that share my interests and want to support one another on this journey.

So yeah...that's about it.  Pleased to meet you!
Craig Watts
on 2/20/12 4:21 am - Green City , MO
Welcome to our family. Ive been coming here off and on for almost 7 years. I will be 6 years out this coming July. Im still losing and its been a fantastic journey. Ive had my ups and downs but all in all  its been worth it all. God Bless you on your jounery .......Craig

Craig Lee Watts 
"Reach Out & Touch The Lord As He Goes By"

426 lbs Starting weight
212 lbs Goal Weight
159lbs AS OF 05,18.2013_______________________

267lbs PRAISE GOD.....

J J the Jet Plane
on 2/28/12 9:17 am
Im pretty close to you, and about your age too!  I hope you are finding the right information and surgery for you.  Let me know I am 6 months out and doing pretty good. Do your research and research your surgeon, there is a lot of misinformation all over Kansas City, so hang in there!
JJ
irishgirl67
on 3/1/12 8:27 pm - blue springs, MO
Revision on 04/23/12
 Hello!  I'm in Blue Springs.  I'm currently working on a revision from the lap band to the gastric bypass.  Feel free to message me anytime!!  Welcome to the forum! 

Dee
MzKeepinOn
on 3/11/12 12:32 pm
 Hi there! I'm new too.  We are close to the same age :o)  I'm on the Kansas side of Kansas City tho LOL  I'm also in the research stage and hoping to have surgery in the fall. I will be doing mine at KU.

I have a two year old that is my life. My husband and my father make up the rest of "my guys"! LOL

which surgery are you looking at doing?  I have a friend that has been very successful with the sleeve tho I think the RNY will be better for me.
Sheri W.
on 3/15/12 11:09 am - Kansas City, MO
I live in Raytown and had my RNY on 12/20/12. Let me know if I can answer any questions or help in any way.
Barbara S.
on 3/24/12 1:26 pm - Freeman, MO
Hello. haven't been on in a long time. I will be 9 years out next month. I had my RNY with Dr. Hornbostel who is in St. Joe now. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hugs
Barbara

Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003
5'0" ~253 starting wt. 130 lb loss!
Extended Tummy Tuck with KU Residency Program
01/08/2010 ....Lost another 7 lbs with TT.

moxiecowgirl
on 4/8/12 10:08 am - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
Oh wow...I didn't see any responses to this post for a bit, and then I come back and all kinds of people have been talking to me!  So sorry I didn't respond right away.

My insurance requires its members to enroll in a Bariatric Management program before they will approve surgery, so I've gotten the ball rolling with that.  Had an initial consult with the program last week, and now I'm waiting on a call from a case manager, who will be the "business end" of any questions I have or support I might need along the way, up til 6 months post-surgery.  I'm leaning towards Lap Band at this point, but keeping my options open for RNY or sleeve if my surgeon thinks either of those is likely to be a better option.  I'm just nervous about taking such an irreversible step.

Next step on the journey towards surgery, after the consult with the case manager, will be a discussion with a nurse practitioner, who will manage the medical side of my benefit coordination, and then it will be on to a first consult with a surgeon.  I'm telling you, these steps can't happen fast enough!!

Anyway...enough of my rambling.  Good to meet everyone!

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

tabbymom
on 4/9/12 4:34 am - Lee's Summit, MO

Hi and welcome to the boards!

I'm 1 1/2 years (almost) post VSG and I love my sleeve!  Dr. Hoehn at KC Bariatric did such a great job.  I'm in Lee's Summit and available for answering any questions you might have.

Lori 

Lori    5'2", HW 240, SW 207, lost 18 lb on the preop liquid diet, CW 168

moxiecowgirl
on 4/17/12 11:25 am - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
Hi Lori--

Crazy coincidence...Dr. Hoehn and Dr. Kowalski are the two local surgeons my insurance will approve.  So it looks like we might even have the same surgeon!

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

Most Active
Recent Topics