Chinese Food

Dawn D.
on 4/21/05 8:46 am - Ballwin, MO
Ok, I need advice I am about 6 weeks post-op and craving chinese food, What can I have.Give me some advice. I do fine doing rice too but what else can I have..... respond QUICKLY I am getting hungry ... LOL
NewMeInMissouri
on 4/21/05 12:56 pm - Columbia, MO
We go out for chinese at least once/week...usually at a buffet where there are all kinds of high protein, low carb choices. I never take rice or anything fried (like crab rangoon or egg roll). For the child's price of $2.99, I have a regular feast of several shrimp, a few pieces of beef & broccoli, some chicken pieces (choose whichever kind you like best - you're eating so little, the sauce really doesn't matter), some of the yummy green beans (wish I knew how they fix 'em), and a couple chunks of melon or fruit from the salad bar. Oh, I also LOVE the mushroom caps that are stuffed with a cream cheese/crab mixture. This sounds like a lot, but I literally eat a couple bites of each. There are usually soups available which are also reasonable choices, but I prefer to eat the denser proteins. But, having described the successful food choices you can make at a chinese buffet, I would also point out that any "cravings" you're having at this stage are strictly head hunger. Perhaps the first question you should be asking yourself isn't what can I eat that will satisfy this thought pattern, but rather, how can I change my old way of thinking about/relating to food? You're only 6 weeks out...take it one day at a time, making small changes toward health each day, for the rest of your life!! Cindy (-73) 274/201/140
Dawn D.
on 4/21/05 11:11 pm - Ballwin, MO
I WILL NEVER EAT CHINESE FOOD AGAIN I ATE 2 TABLESPOONS OF FRIED RICE AND WAS SO SICK FOR 2 HOURS
Shelly LaChance
on 4/22/05 12:50 am - Chester, IL
Oh my you poor thing I want some but don't think I'm ready yet.I can't eat much at all..Most the things on my food list I can't eat..Oh well I hope it gets better.. Shelly
Kelli M
on 4/23/05 1:02 pm - Southwest: Show Me State, MO
OMG!!! I get deathly ill when I try and eat rice!! Infact I'm 8 months post op and still don't do very well with Chinese food in general. I understand how that felt...because I've been there and done that. Stay clear of rice in general...I think it swells in your pouch! Kelli
crabby
on 4/22/05 3:20 am - small town, MO
The few times I've tried chinese food I've been sick afterwards. Last time was on Christmas. It's something I've learned that was good in my past but for whatever reason, does not work for me now. Even the soup was to much for me, way to much fat in it. Lulu
Sherri_B
on 4/22/05 5:51 am - washington, MO
Well i to got sick and this was my favorite before surgery and i still crave it . rice makes me sick feeling . I have had a few bited of generaltso chicken and it was fine . and chow mein and i got sick on that ..havent had any since but i sure crave it . but i fight it off
Traci K.
on 4/22/05 9:01 pm - Sullivan, MO
Got sick here too.
psbr63077
on 4/23/05 1:48 pm - St. Clair, MO
I am so glad that I'm not the only one that can't eat rice. I was beginning to think it was in my head. I work between a chinese and a mexican restuarant and would love to eat both but I just can't handle the rice from either. Pat B. 356/261/180
Most Active
Recent Topics