Gallbladder Issues???

chrissyb
on 4/21/05 12:50 pm - Gresham, OR
Hi everyone, just curious how many people have had to have their gallbladder removed after surgery. I am 6 months post op and have been getting sick for a couple weeks now. Today New Start ordered an ultrasound and the results should be sent to them shortly. The nurse seemed to think since they didn't do the further tests, that they did see something wrong with my gallbladder. I don't want it out!!! I swear another surgery..ughhh! Any of you have these same problems? I haven't had food in 4 days and it's annoying...just liquids and sometimes even that makes me sick. I hope it ends soon. Chrissy 283/191/??
SherrieD
on 4/21/05 3:00 pm - Springfield, MO
Hi Chrissy, It's me... Sorry to hear your not feeling well. I had mine taken out before WLS, so I wont have the issue. I hope it's just the gallbladder, that wont be to bad to have taken out. I have 2 friends of mine who had surgery in March 2004 (one was with me the 1st day we met) and they have both had to have theirs taken out about 3-4 months out. Keep me posted!! You will be in my prayers. Sherrie 278/199/145ish??
RobertC
on 4/22/05 1:15 am - Excelsior Springs, MO
Statistically about 11% of RNY patients will need their gall bladder removed eventually. It is a side effect of rapid weight loss at times.
Terri B.
on 4/24/05 8:56 am - St. Louis, MO
Chrissy, I had my gallbladder out some years ago lap and it was a breeze. I hope you do well! Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics