No weight loss in almost a month!

mzcuz716
on 4/23/05 1:17 am - Fort Polk, LA
Help!!! I am stuck and bouncing between 163 and 166 I don't know what I am doing wrong! I have been walking more and exercising but the only thing new is that my gyn put me on the pill because my periods were so rough and painful, could this be the culprit? Any input would be wonderful, I know that I should not complain since I started at a weight of 246 when I had surgery but the doc said that I should lose about 40 more pounds, but I don't see how, HELP!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/05 4:42 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am sorry to say that you are experiencing what many people in my surgery date forum started going through once we passed our six month mark. For many of us, our loss really slowed down considerably, and many started having long plateaus. I've been fortunate in that one week out of four, I lose five pounds overnight. Of course, I'm only losing five pounds a month, but that's better than no loss or a gain. Your best bet would be to call your dietician for advice. She may be able to recommend ways to "tweak" your routine to get your weight loss going again. One thing my dieitican suggested to me was that I start weight training. So now I have muscles (big ones, too) hidden beneath my flab, which is SUPPOSED to speed up my metabolism. She also had me try upping my calories to 1200, but I decided that didn't really work for me. So I'm still tweaking. You can also check out the Plateau Buster Diet, which can be found on Princess Splenda's profile (go to "find peers" and type in her name). Good luck! Pamela -97
Sherri_B
on 4/23/05 4:47 am - washington, MO
well i am w/ ya except i go from 170 to 173 since jan . so i am going on 4 months of no loss but i was told the last 10-20 pounds is hard to lose . up our water and protein and excersice lifting and walking .. i still have that i am lacking in .
Kelli M
on 4/24/05 4:15 am - Southwest: Show Me State, MO
Welcome to the club honey!! I haven't lost one pound in a month!! I need to lose another 20-30 but, I think it's going to be hard to take off. Don't be discouraged and remember that just because you're not losing weight...doesn't mean you're not losing inches. I can attest to this because a month ago I was wearing a 14 and now I'm into 12's with no weight loss at all. Take care, Kelli 255/175/145???
Most Active
Recent Topics