Nervous-tomorrow's the big day

Christine T.
on 4/25/05 1:38 am - St. Louis, MO
My surgery is tomorrow morning. For the last few days I've been having a wide range of emotions to deal with. This surgery is something I've been trying to get for the last year, so why I am so nervous? I still believe this is the right thing for me to do, but every now and then this little voice says Oh my God - what am I doing?? From what I've read, this is normal. Any words of wisdom out there on how to deal with the last minute jitters? Thanks.
Shelly LaChance
on 4/25/05 1:44 am - Chester, IL
You will do just great I will be praying for you on your big day..It's not all that bad..I was so happy to get the surgery it was just crazy but what your emotions are doing is norm. for most .. It's not as bad as you read LOL I have not had surgery before this and I didn't find the pain to be all that bad .. you will do just great best of luck to you.. Shelly
teekay
on 4/25/05 2:54 am - Robertsville, MO
you will be fine you have a wonderful dr he is the best so your in good hands . just keep thinking good things and you will be fine. I will be praying for you what time is it so at that point i can say a prayer for ya sending you lots of prayers tammy
ritzy
on 4/25/05 3:44 am - SAINT ROBERT, MO
Christine, I believe with all my heart that you will do fine with your surgery tomorrow....I signed your surgery page and I also posted for everyone on the Missouri board to sign it as well as the main message board....We will all need to scoot over on the loser's bench and make a seat for our "new loser" that will be joining us tomorrow....Good luck and may the peace of the Lord be with you tomorrow. God bless you Rachael Medinger
Chris T.
on 4/25/05 4:43 am - Florissant, MO
Christine, I think this may be fate. I will be at the Dr tomorrow for my 1 yr follow up. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling..Let me tell you, all emotions are normal..This site will e very helpful on those days after where you think" What the heck have I done???"..those days will be few, but the will be there..keep the big picture in mind..I am 1-year post op as of Tuesday..I have lost 134 pounds so far. I am healthy again. I work out 3x a week , I do Pilates 1x a week, and I am even training to walk/run a half marathon. I am up to 5.2 miles at a time! My sleep apnea is gone, my asthma is gone, my back pain is gone. I am not embarrassed to be in public, to ride on a plane, to sit in chairs, to have people look at me..Be strong, be confident, but don't expect a magic pill.It STILL requires work, but it is SOOOO worth it.. Chris
Traci K.
on 4/25/05 5:05 am - Sullivan, MO
Christine - you'll do great!!!!!!!! I had a fleeting moment of those thoughts - actually, it happened when my mom fled out of the pre-op holding room crying!! She didn't want me to have the surgery and was scared. Now, she brags to everyone how much weight I've lost and how good I'm doing. Hang in there - you'll be a loser by this time tomorrow!!! YAY!!!!! Traci
HappierNow
on 4/25/05 6:32 am - New Bloomfield, MO
I understand how you're feeling, my surgery is in exactly one week. Right now I'm very excited, but I have a feeling that the day before I'll be a bundle of nerves! I am sure everything will be wonderful for you!!! {big hug} Just remember, the hugs will be much easier to do once we are losers!!! WEEEEEEEEEee Please keep us informed on how everything is going! Kimberly!
Shelli_LessBelly
on 4/25/05 6:34 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Hang in there! The emotional roller-coaster you are riding right now is completely normal. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I am 1-year post-op and have lost 200 pounds......I have my life back and feel amazing. You will too, I promise!
Most Active
Recent Topics