need help, ideas to lower blood sugar???

Sherry W.
on 5/3/05 9:21 am - Moberly, MO
does anyone have any ideas on how to lower blood sugar in a couple weeks, I have to keep it down before I can have surgery, and before I see Dr. Scott in 2 weeks!!
Ardie
on 5/3/05 9:47 am - Columbia, Mo
Hello, I am a patient of Dr. Scott also.... havent had surgery due to having to loose alot of weight to get to the 350 max weight limit to have the RNY surgery lapriscopically. (now you know I cant spell! ) BTW I have lost 65 lbs still need to loose 15 more pounds! Here's the diet he placed me on and it has helped me with lowering my blood pressure and also with blood sugar... it didnt have diabetes but it was higher than it needed to be. Weight Loss Program 1. Weigh yourself 2 times per week Write it down 2. Write down what you eat. 3. No fried foods, No pasta, Bread, Rice, Potatoes, Sweets INCLUDING regular soda. WHAT YOU CAN HAVE Meat, Vegies, fruit (not canned! Fresh only... too much suger in the syrup) and Dairy Products You don't have to weight or measure.... yet. What YOU HAVE TO DO DAILY You have to at least walk 30 minutes a day! (if you cant do it all in one wack start off with 5-10 minutes then reapeat until you have walked the 1/2 an hour... that's what I did until I could do it in one setting) No exceptions! Hope this helps ya Ardie
Most Active
Recent Topics