Sleeved Dec 7th, Tijuana

Zedsmummy
on 12/18/11 10:01 am - Canada
 I was sleeved on December 7th in tijuana Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly.

I am feeling great but getting tired of drinking my protein. I'm hanging in there for Wednesday so I can start some "mushies." Oh and scrambled eggs!

I am a bit worried because I still get hungry and I still crave things. I want my same old comfort foods. I was hoping that those associations would have been removed along with 80% of my stomach.

I've really begun to question my own sanity in choosing to have the surgery done before Christmas. I made cookies for a cookie swap today and I had to check to make sure they were okay so I had a bite of one, chewed it up and then spit it out into a napkin. It made me almost want to cry because I couldn't eat that cookie and I thought, would I be happier 20 or 30lbs heavier and able to eat as many cookies as I'd like? I'd hope not, but I'll tell you I had some doubts about that this afternoon.

kimberleyann
on 12/18/11 9:37 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
Congrats, you are well on your way.  You know that momentary pleasure from food is just that momentary.  Keep focused on why you went thru this surgery and your goals.  Make mini goals that are acheivable in short term to keep yourself motivated.  I do allow myself a taste of things I crave and find that the item either does not live up to the memory or just that taste of the craving item satisfies me.  If you must have something build it into your daily food plan.  Are you on an acid reducer?  They say excess acid in stomach mimics hunger.  Yes I have had Christmas ginger cookies but one seems to do the trick, I don't need  lots to satify me.  My most difficult thing right now is to keep hydrated. Not because I have a hard time drinking but because I am doing so much running around I forget to drink. So watch out for that as well. 
Have a great holiday season and don't beat yourself up it is a difficult thing to do over Christmas but we can't eat huge amounts of anything anyway

susanpalmer
on 12/21/11 8:52 pm - annapolis county, Canada
Way to go !!!! YESS! I too wondered what the hell i did this before christmas for but when you think about it there is always going to be something going on so better now than later. I am just starting mushies too soooo tired of soups. I am also into my stupid stall came early. I can not say that i crave anything, but like Kim forgetting to bring fluids with me to drink. All i keep thinking is next year this time the christmas photos are going to be so great.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

Zedsmummy
on 12/31/11 9:54 am - Canada
 I had some trouble with getting in all my fluids over the christmas season. I had one day when I felt really really awful but I seem to have recovered. So far no noticable stall for me. I didn't weight myself while I was away but I was down when I got home. 

Eating was tough in Toronto. My brother took us out to many restaurants. Luckily he likes to order things family style so I could pick from the entrees the things I knew were on plan. My daughter's birthday is christmas eve and I indulged in a very small cupcake for the celebration. Whoa, that was a bad idea! It did not want to go down but it also refused to come back up. I had to wait it out. I'm still figuring out just how much room I have in my stomach. 

I made myself some homemade cream of mushroom soup when I got home and I discovered that even with pureeing my new stomach does not like mushrooms. 

Figler5
on 2/6/12 12:26 am
How are you doing ?

Zedsmummy
on 2/6/12 12:49 am - Canada
I am down almost 40lbs. It's not the number of the scale that has me really excited though, my clothes are fitting differently. Even my winter coat is starting to get a loose! I'm still learning how much my stomach can hold and have eated just a little too much more than once, ususally when I am really hungry. I haven't thrown up though, so that's good.

I'm loosing about 1 to 2 lbs per week, one TOM week I usually drop 4 or 5lbs! I'm very happy with that. I keep getting so many compliments on how I am shrinking.
I feel kind of like I had my brain operated on and not just my stomach. I have such a positive attitude and I'm so productive and I've started really liking myself. I feel like a normal person.

I still get hungry but I focus on protien first and if I have room non-strachy veg. I have had a few carbs here and there (potatoes etc.) My new stomach HATES pasta. I might as well have swallowed pebbles it just sits there like it's solid.
I continue to have trouble getting in enough fluids and as such constipation has been a bit of an issues (at least I hope that is the issue)LOL

I drink a decaf coffee every morning with 1/3 of a bottle of protien drink and try to drink 2 800ml bottles of water or crystal light during the day. In the evening I usually have 1 8oz class of water.
I'm having a heck of a time not drinking with my meals. It was such a habit.
              Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

Figler5
on 2/6/12 9:40 am
you are doing great I have to ask do you mix your protein drink with your coffee? I have a tough time eating int the morning I have about 15 mins to relax after the kids get on the bus before I have to get ready for work  I love just having a coffee but I have been doing al sorts of reading on speeding up mtabolism and tehy say to eat within an 1-2 of getting up I have drank 1/2 shake but I  have yet to find a high protein coffee falvoured one. My hubby suggested mixing coffee favoring in a vanille one but it did not work that well. Keep up the good work. It is good your mind has come along I found my mind still has not caught up If someone says I have lost alot of weight I usually say I have alot more to go however I am trying to train my slef to just say thank you.

Kitty_mom
on 1/2/12 12:15 pm - New Maryland, Canada
I found that the craving slip away by sticking to the plan. When I stray from the plan, the cravings come back. After all the operation was on our stomachs, not out brains!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1060 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1917 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1769 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1766 views