waiting list

Lesley42
on 5/12/12 4:13 am - Canada
Hello, I was wondering, I have been on Dr.Savoie's waiting list since May 2009..and Im wondering how long have some of u waited for to get into see him? When I call the office I always get different answers, so I thought it best to ask the people that have been waiting as well or have been through this..I'm getting so frustrated and anxious at the same time..And also how long is the recovery? Thank u for any help u can give me..
sunnie41
on 5/12/12 8:30 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
i was on the waiting list since 2004. but i had originally been on dr beausoliel in mocton list.  was going with gastric bypass.  i changed my mind with my choice and when i wanted back on the list for vsg, i was put on with dr savoie.  i am being sleeved next thursday.  so my experience is not typical to the waiting timeline. 
as to the recovery, i cannot comment on that yet.  im crossing my fingers on it being an uneventful recovery for me. 
hopefully some of the vets will chime in for you :)
Lesley42
on 5/12/12 9:59 am - Canada
Thank u so much...I called this week and the lady I was talking to said it should be soon and then the next day I called backed because I was affraid they might have had my old phone number so I wanted to make sure they had the correct info on me and I was speaking to someone different and she said I had about 75 to 100 people still ahead of me..So I dont know what that means or what kind of time frame I am looking at now.. Good luck on Thursday, I wish u all the best and a speedy recovery..I would love to hear how everything went for u :0) Lesley
Lesley42                        
Cindy F.
on 5/12/12 10:18 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
 Like sunnie, my referral went in in 2004 and I only received my call last month to set my first consult with Dr B in June. I don't expect to be sleeved ( I'm hoping that's the recommendation****il february (according to time frames of others I've seen on here).  You may want to ask them how surgeries they do a week and that would give you an idea of how long it may be. Believe me, I understand the frustration with the wait. 
Lesley42
on 5/12/12 11:14 am - Canada
Wow, this really does take a long time eh..Well all the best to u and I look forward to hearing how well u do..Thx Lesley
Lesley42                        
macaulie4
on 5/12/12 10:45 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
I have been on Dr.Savoie's waiting list since March 2009 and I haven't heard anything yet either. The last update I got was they are working on first consults of  people who had referrals for Feb. 2009 but had to stop to catch up on surgeries. I understand your fustration, but unfortunately it is a waiting game. I'll pass on any new info I may find out. Take  care
Lesley42
on 5/12/12 11:17 am - Canada
I hope u hear something soon..I hope we both hear something soon! Agh I hate waiting games..lol I find somedays Im more desperate than others..Im sure we all feel the same way..Good luck and I do hope u hear something soon..thx for the info, Lesley
Lesley42                        
jjwbuster
on 5/12/12 1:49 pm - Saint John, Canada
 I have been on the list since March 2009 as well. 

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

IslandMomma
on 5/12/12 2:01 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
 Dr B just did my Sleve on Thursday, May 10th...my name had been on the list from 2007....but I know he has two lists...one for NB and one for anyone outside NB...so it all depends...I had my first meeting with him in Sept'11, full day info session in Dec, met the shrink in Feb and signed off on the surgery March 30th..(I may have been even sooner but couldn't make a few appointments that were offered becasue of work).....so the time does fly by...

NOW recovery...how to explain it...still today, day 2 post op I am struggling to drink my water...I seem for some reason to be getting too much air in my mouth with the water and that causes pain and alot of burping....but other than that...I have no pain at all now...and even very little after surgery...my surgery was at about 11 am and by 8 pm I was asking to get up and walk...the nurses weren't too sure if I could or should as I was never put onto the normal ICU ward where Dr B sends 99% of his people, they were full, SO they may not have been just as knowledgeable about a few things as they could have been...One nurse was in total shock to see me leaving the next morning....REALLY???

Anyway...it is like they all say on here,,,walk walk and walk again...and don't forget to fill your mouth with the water as much as you can to omit the air, then slowly let it slide down your throat....

Good luck and keep reading...it gives us all great information and hope for a brighter future...
Lesley42
on 5/13/12 2:33 am - Canada
Thank u so much for the info, I really appriciate hearing from u all.. Sounds like recovery isn't too bad. Not pleasant but too bad..The more I hear from u all the more excited I am getting. Im sure Im at least still a year away from surgery maybe two...but still excited. Best wishes to u and looking forward to hearing how well ur doing..Thx Lesley
Lesley42                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1073 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1935 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1782 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1780 views