waiting list

thinkinhaboutvsg
on 5/14/12 6:57 am
I too have been on they wait list for many years, I as others am not very patient.  I have successfully fought, with my family Dr help, to Medicare to get my VSG covered & paid through ON, their wait times are not at all like ours & they have a lot more resources to help.  People can try go through there as well, get it done sooner. :)  good luck
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/12 8:13 am - Canada

I've been wanting to get the sleeve done for sometime now, but I have not been on a waiting list.  With all the posts on here, I'm sure it would take years before I would get in.  Can you explain to me about getting sleeve in Ontario?  Who do I call, where do I start?  Any info would be great.  I had a doctors appt today, and it was awful.  She wouldn't help me, or send me for blood work or my ECG.  I'm going to have to pull teeth...any suggestions as to where to get started?

Prinnylynn
on 6/3/12 12:42 am - Canada
I have been on the list since Jan of 2009 and I spoke to Giselle this past week. She told me that she would be calling me this coming week or next for my consultation. They still are only seeing a couple of new consults per week. Hope this helps, stay positive the longest part of the wait is behind us!
Lesley42
on 6/22/12 12:11 pm - Canada
Oh wow congrats on getting ur call!! That is so awsome..The last time I did call they said there was 75-100 people ahead of me :( And I beleive its only 2 surgery's a week...so I have quite the wait yet :( Im so down and out, but I still keep on trying. Good luck with everything, and I hope ur recovery is a speedy one...best wishes Lesley
Lesley42                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1085 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1951 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1796 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1790 views