New Member Here ! Sleeve in 8 days!

Christel2017
on 1/2/17 7:30 pm
VSG on 10/01/17

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum/community.

I'm from Moncton NB, 40 years old, married, mother of a 6 year old son, and having the sleeve done in 8 days: on January 10th.

I had a total meltdown yesterday and the day prior; i cried for almost 2 days straight and decided i might need to rebook my surgery. But guess what? I woke up today with a completely different mindset ... i'm back on the bandwagon for the 10th. Have any of you experienced that kind of panic right before surgery? I have an appointment tomorrow with the bariatric nurse at the Georges Dumont hospital (i'm just finishing up my 1st week of shakes ... they are gross by the way), so i plan on talking to her about it. The surgery itself is not what i freaked out about, it's my life after surgery that worries me. 

Plus, on top of that, i have a yeast infection. I hope the nurse will say i'm allowed to take Diflucan and that it won't affect my surgery date. I'll find out tomorrow i guess!

Anyways, happy to have found this group, comments or questions are welcome :)

Christel 

Katyoung1
on 1/2/17 8:58 pm

I'm still on a wait list so gave only experienced impatience so far. I'm sure the nurse will confirm you're not alone in your feeling. 

When were you referred?  First appt??

good luck to you. I don't find this forum to be very active but I think a lot of people read posts and don't comment. Thank you for sharing your thoughts ... look fwd to hearing more. 

CTelly
on 1/3/17 9:52 am

Welcome!!!

We will be very close 

I will be sleeved Jan 12th 

Ant let me tell you I have had my days, worried, happy, crying, I have been through every emotion!

I think this absolutely normal!! It's a grieving process...we are losing our best friend FOOD!!!

you can do this, and you will be able to eat again, but u will have to use moderation and know that you are eating for substanice, NOT for pleasure anymore 

I can't wait to hear how things go 

feel free to send me a message anytime...I am usually quick to answer on here 

stressedoutmomma
on 1/18/17 7:42 am - Saint John, Nb

How long were you on the waitlist and when were you called to come in?  How long from the call until the first consult and then the surgery?

Janeegood
on 1/6/17 7:10 am

Welcome!

unfortunately this isn't a very active forum. I'm still on the wait list for surgery in Bathurst. I'd love to know what the timeline is once your done all your appts. 

Its great to hear how other people do before and after surgery. Good luck with your surgery, keep us posted!

Janeegood
on 1/7/17 6:43 pm

Welcome!

unfortunately this isn't a very active forum. I'm still on the wait list for surgery in Bathurst. I'd love to know what the timeline is once your done all your appts. 

Its great to hear how other people do before and after surgery. Good luck with your surgery, keep us posted!

stressedoutmomma
on 1/18/17 7:40 am - Saint John, Nb

When did you go on the waitlist and how long were you on it?  i have been on it since 2012 and am getting fustrated as it doesn't seem to be moving at all?

Farmer_Tom
on 1/18/17 5:24 pm

2012 really. Well guess I won't get done this decade then. Mine was last March. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1048 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views