Question for Moncton

Farmer_Tom
on 7/30/17 8:59 am

Anyone who was referred to moncton receive a letter after they were referred to say they were on the list?

alga
on 8/2/17 10:30 am

I was referred to Dr. Beausoleil in 2013 and my file was transferred to Dr. Theriault at some point. I did not receive a letter saying I was on their list or that my file had been transferred, only found out when I made a phone call to Dr. Beausoleil last summer to inquire about a few things. I suggest you call the Dr. to confirm that they have received your referral. Best of luck!

nickola1
on 8/15/17 3:33 pm - Riverview, Canada

Nope, I never had received anything. Had my first call then consult after 6 year wait.

stressedoutmomma
on 1/16/18 8:21 am - Saint John, Nb

How long after your consult was your surgery or do you know how long of a wait it is from the consult to surgery?

jndrake
on 2/25/18 5:36 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I was reading posts on these boards years before I went to my family doctor and asked for a referral. By that time after reading so many posts I knew which Dr I wanted and what I needed to do to ensure that things got moving.I went to my doctor and specifically asked for Dr B at the Georges Dumont- closest hospital to me on PEI. Best advice, make sure your doctor sent the referral letter and ALSO sent the paperwork to your province for approval. Without the approval letter from your province being sent to your bariatric clinic, they will never call you. I waited about a week after my first appointment with my doctor, then I called and made sure that they sent the letter for approval to the province as well as the letter to the clinic. Then about 2 months later I called the clinic to ensure that they had all the paperwork. After that it was about a year before I got my call and a year after that my first surgery. I'm from PEI and had my VSG surgery in Moncton with Dr B and then the DS with Dr T :)

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1048 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views