Help in Londonderry NH

dreakixxes
on 6/22/11 9:13 am - Raymond, NH
RNY on 03/05/12
Hello everyone.
Im very new here. I started the program in Portsmouth NH and have found everyone really caring and kind. I have one problem,
I cant seem to get the pre op weight off. Does anyone out there have any ideas on a fast way to get it off.

Thanks
Nikki

ligsea
on 6/22/11 9:48 am - Hooksett, NH
You HAVE to do it!

Replace 2 meals with a protein shake then eat a sensible meal.  Put in your mind that you NEED to get the weight off before moving forward.  If you really want it, you will do it.

Good luck!

Lisa
Xico
on 6/23/11 3:11 am - NH
I had the same issue, in fact I weighed in to "lock-in" my weight  soon after the seminar and then when I went back I went up seven lbs.!  It was a struggle, I kept motivated by changing my routine a bit...instead of coming home and watching TV, I would walk, or meet up with a friend at the gym. Replacing two meals with shakes was very hard for me...what I did instead was very close portion control and lean protein meats..I cut out all sweets and soda and stuck to as much of a lean diet as I could....the protein does help with hunger pains...my best friends were the protein bars recommended by Jacquie (the nutritionist)...I would recommend meeting with her.

For me I also started doing some work with an energy practitioner (polarity, reiki, reflexology) I found this helpful in being patient with myself and the process...it helped me focus on me a bit more.

Good luck...you will get there, don't get discouraged!
Linda112
on 6/24/11 11:36 am - NH
I agree with Lisa.  I did alot of protein shakes or bars or breakfast and lunch and a small meal for dinner and that worked great.
  Linda112    
Debbie C.
on 6/27/11 5:56 am - Manchester, NH
Record, record, record! Write down (or use something online or an app on your phone) to list EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. I used myfitnesspal.com and it worked well for me. Once I used up all my calories for the day, I was done! Oh, and exercise is NOT negotiable! You must do it now, get used to it and continue after surgery. It's for life!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 462 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5025 views