New Here!!!!

dreakixxes
on 7/25/11 10:43 am - Raymond, NH
RNY on 03/05/12
Hello my name is Nikki.
I have just made my mind up to have RNY done. This was about 6months ago. I have working hard and trying to get things done. I have everything done but lossing the weight. 16 lbs
I dont know what Im doing wrong cause i cut out a lot of things. Its hard dealing with this and no one understanding what Im dealing with. I get told all the time its just 16 lbs.
I know the doctors want you to lose the weight so they know your going to do well in the end. But if i could loss that much weight i wouldnt need WLS. I need someone to help me with the out look on things.
Im down 10lbs now so only 6 to go. But the light is so far away. Somedays i ask myself if i should have it done at all. OH sorry to vent but everyone here knows what i feel like.
How cant i loss the weight fast?

Thanks for reading

Nikki
Sookie77
on 7/25/11 10:42 pm - Milton, NH

Nikki,
  First off welcome, this is a small group, we lurk a lot but always pop in a few times a week.  I know this keeps me in touch with what I need to do and if I slack off I know I am slacking off with what I need to do for my plan and my food choices.

The weight loss pre surgery is in my mind the hardest thing to accomplish, if we could lose the weight we wouldn't need the surgery, BUT it is keeping it off that is the major issue.  I know I yo-yo-ed so many times that it would drive me nuts.  I found this was the only long term option for me.  I want to be healthy and happy for myself, my husband and our 2 boys!   It was the choice that I made and I do not regret it for one minute.  That being said only you can make the choice for you, I can tell you the morning of the surgery I was like am I really doing this and what am I thinking.  I was scared as hell, nervous, but I had faith that I would make it through and be better on this side.

That six pounds will be tough, do you meet with a nutritionist? (NUT) or are you doing this all on your own?   Which program or Dr are you going to? 

Please vent away, ask questions and yes we all feel like that or did before we had the surgery.  It is hard, it is a life changing event, it is the best decision I have made (since marrying my hubby).   I hope this helps and you know you are not alone.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

NHskinnygirl
on 7/26/11 9:04 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Nikki,

I am out 7+ yrs now and remembering back to lose my required weight I stopped drinking soda (I was a pepsi-holic) and then I ate like I would after surgery...not portion size but like you have to eat once you are on solid foods. Start your meal with your protein, eat all of that first. Then eat your veggies next and if you are still hungry eat a small amount of starch.  I also set a kitchen timer for 20 minutes...the goal for that is to help you chew slowly, and put your fork down between bites, to give your brain time to tell you, that you are full...I used it because I never feel full and when the timer went off, that told me my meal was done. Honestly, it really helped.  I lost my 15lbs in 4 weeks with just 3 days a week walking 30 minutes. You have only 6lbs to go so hang in there, try to move even 5 more minutes a day and those lbs will come off. I lost a total of 35lbs before surgery ( I had 8months to wait). Hope this helps and good luck on your journey....Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

t1m1a1c
on 7/29/11 1:20 pm
hi nikki
I am kinda new here too though i have been on the "journey" for a year and a half  (long story!) anyways i finally lost my pre surgery weight with the help of protein shakes one for breakfast one for lunch and a small dinner loaded with veggies, 4-6 oz of protein and small starch... its so hard i hear ya! i also began exercising when i first began and then when i struggled with the weight loss part i added strength training which seemed to help. good luck and stick to it! You have worked hard to get to this part!
I recently got my surgery date for august 30th! cant wait though i am nervous about the afterlife... I am having the RNY
Tracey        
Debbie C.
on 8/9/11 9:12 am, edited 8/8/11 9:13 pm - Manchester, NH
Good luck to both of you, Nikki and Tracey!

I lost 25 pounds pre-surgery by exercising at least an hour every day. I wrote down and counted every single thing I put in my mouth. It helped to have a smart phone and use the "myfitnesspal" app. You can also go online and use it for free. It's amazing.

I drank nothing bu****er. Not even diet soda. Diet soda tricks your body into holding on to fat. You can't have it for a while after surgery, so give it up now and get used to it.

I made sure I ate low-cal, low-fat, high protein, low carb and stayed at about 1200 calories a day. (I'm 5'1" and was 265 at the start.). I lost 21 pounds in one month. You CAN do this. You have to want
it and be committed. Once you change your mind, you will change your life.

Work with your body, not against it. Best wishes!

Linda112
on 8/9/11 7:25 pm - NH
I agree with Tracey, I did the same thing toward the end, proteiin shakes for breakfast and protein bars for lunch and a small dinner and that works like a charm, especially down for the last six pounds.  yYou are doing great !!!  Keep it up and just think how happy you will be to reach that goal. 
  Linda112    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 462 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5025 views