Tough Eating Day

Debbie C.
on 8/16/11 11:30 am - Manchester, NH
I don't really know why, but I'm having trouble eating today.

Couldn't get a 1/4 of a sandwich down for lunch, then tried to eat some shepherd's pie at dinner with the family, ate maybe 1/2 cup then felt awful. Just a bit ago, I ate about 4 bites of a beautiful piece of Salmon and then couldn't even look at it again.

Sadly, I was really hungry, so I ate about 6 Cheez-itz and a few potato chips. (I know NOT a good idea. But I was feeling desperate and cranky.)

I just feel crappy today and feel like I eat next to nothing and actually want to eat, but after I start, I just can't. Is this normal? Does anyone else do this?

My birthday is coming up and my husband wants to know where I wan to go to eat. It's almost like "why bother?" since I barely eat anything and it's not worth the money. I feel like it's such a waste of money. Yikes.

bamma2006
on 8/16/11 8:50 pm - Nottingham, NH
Hi Debbie,

You will have days like this.  Many call them the angry pouch day.  If it keeps up, I would talk to your doctor, but it should get better.  I have the lap band, but there are days that I can't even look at food, even if I am starving.  If you can still do shakes, try that for a meal or two.  That way you are ensured of getting protein in, but it is less stressful on your pouch. 

Martha
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Sookie77
on 8/16/11 9:06 pm - Milton, NH
Debbie,
   you are only 6 months out, don't get so upset you will get to a point where you can eat more than what you want, or should.  Do not beat yourself up about the choice you made yesterday it is in the past.  Make a better choice for today.  If your pouch is not happy try going back a stage and give it a little rest. 

If you are having a sandwich do you toast the bread?  I can't do plain bread, shepherd's pie can be very heavy in your pouch if you are having a tough time eating.  I try to go very light for the rest of the day if  I have trouble eating something or if my pouch is not happy. 

This is a journey and not a speed race.  It will get better !!! 
Hugs and remember we have all had our little hic ups.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Debbie C.
on 8/16/11 11:07 pm - Manchester, NH
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling much better today.

Warning: kinda gross TMI ahead! I figured out my problem later last night when I had a nasty bellyache. I ended up in the bathroom pooping for quite a while. When I thought about it, I don't remember the last time I went. I think I was just very backed up.

I've never been regular, especially not since the surgery, so I'm going to have to pay more attention to that area. Maybe my body just didn't have any more room for food?!

Feeling great and much lighter today. Ha ha ha.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 461 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5024 views