Support Groups

NHskinnygirl
on 1/12/12 7:44 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me the date and time for a support group in the greater Nashua area. Manchester or Derry would be great, also looking for a group that does not charge for the meeting.

We no longer have any in Nashua as all of the bariatic doctors have left due to the hospitals canceling their programs...Thanks so much for any help you can give me as I am days away from being 8yrs out and find myself up 35lb that really need to go....Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

NHPOD9
on 1/13/12 7:23 am
 The Obesity Treatment Center in Manchester (195 McGregor Street, 3rd Floor, room 312) has support group meetings the last Wednesday of every month.  Those under 1 year meet from 5:30-6:15p.  Those over a year meet from 6:30p-7:15p.  This month's meeting is on the 25th.  

While I have never attended any (too far a drive for me), I'm 99.9% positive they don't charge.  

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

NHskinnygirl
on 1/13/12 7:55 am - Nashua, NH
Thank you so much....
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

dsousa
on 1/17/12 1:37 am
Hello Laurie,

I am sure you would be welcomed at the Lowell General Hospital support groups.  You can check out their schedule at www.lowellgeneral.org.

Dawn
Debbie C.
on 1/31/12 8:12 am - Manchester, NH
 Hello!

I attend the CMC support group regularly and they are fantastic.  Everyone is open and kind and it is absolutely free!

Best of luck to you!

With obesity being such an epidemic, it's shocking that there are no programs in Nashua!

- Debbie.

bamma2006
on 2/6/12 9:47 am - Nottingham, NH
Hi Laurie,

I know many who go to the CMC group meeting.  The Portsmouth group used to have a meeting in Derry every month, but I am not sure when. 

I know it is a ways away, but Portsmouth post op meetings every 2nd Monday of the month at 5:30
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 452 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 787 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1545 views