Sleep Clinic

ruthann49
on 3/24/11 9:40 pm - Canada
Hi Everyone,

Today I have an appointment at the Sleep Clinic in Truro. I believe they will be giving me a machine to wear tonight to record my sleep activity. Will keep you all posted. Still waiting patiently for a call for an info session but don't expect to hear anything this year.

A in NS
on 3/25/11 8:06 am
Good luck with the sleep study - and hang in there! 

Weight lost since surgery:

nsblue
on 3/25/11 12:22 pm, edited 3/25/11 12:22 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

ahh that would be the bank of montreal building on prince...would see it when i went to hunt n wedlake. my mom had the same testing before she got her machine.

waitin is a bugger.  do u know if they have two sessions a year or one?

nannydeb
on 3/26/11 9:10 am, edited 3/26/11 11:24 am - Canada
I know how hard the waiting is. I waited over three years for the info session, then seven months for my first appointment and amazingly got my approval for surgery.  Now I'm waiting for the appt. with Dr. Ellsmere to get a surgery appt.  It is frustrating.  Just keep thinking of all the things you'll be able to do WHEN this happens.  I go to sleep most nights thinking about being able to cross my legs again, sitting comfortably in an airplane seat and shopping in a mall without having to sit down every other bench.  We can all think about the quality we will have back in our lives.  Find a support group if you can.  I hooked up with the one in Sackville last week and met some wonderful new friends.
How did the CPAP machine work out from the sleep clinic?      
Debbie T.
on 3/26/11 11:39 pm - Canada
Hang in there everybody. It is worth it all. I can now sit in a airplane and not need a seatbelt extender, can cross my legs (though the nuns always said ladies did not do this), and can walk for an hour without sitting down. Life is so much better now even though I still have a long ways to go.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
ruthann49
on 3/27/11 12:01 am - Canada
Hello I had the worst sleep ever with that monitor. I sleep on my belly so it was very uncomforable. i won't know the results for a couple of weeks. I hear there is an info session in May and I think there is usually two a year. Let's keep our fingers crossed we will all hear soon!

coreena691
on 3/27/11 1:08 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hang in there!!  Try and focus on other things to keep you occupied and let the time pass by quickly.  I am so excited for all you ladies that are starting to get callbacks and are so much closer to the sessions and surgery dates!!!  Life will be so much better indeed!  It's not a cure, it doesn't instantly bring happiness, but it gives you a chance to live life to the fullest and find that happiness within yourself. 

Luckily I never had sleep apnea and don't know much about the testing, etc.  But I do know those who need it say it has greatly helped.  Good luck!

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

nannydeb
on 3/27/11 2:48 am - Canada
Those machines take time to get use to.  My husband has had one now for approx. 12 yrs. (can't remember exactly how long) and it has changed our lives.  He now gets a good nights sleep and isn't asleep at 6pm.  We take it everywhere as even for one night he feels awful without it.
I'll keep fingers and toes crossed that you soon get a letter for the info session. 
Most Active