Recent Posts

dachshund2
on 3/15/17 7:02 am
Topic: Weight Loss Surgery/Incisional Hernia

I will attending a clinic for weight loss surgery this month in Halifax, NS. I also have an incisional hernia fairly large from previous hysterectomy June 2015. Was told in my area that I cannot have surgery to repair hernia till I lose approximately 50 lbs. Had total knee replacement Dec. 2016 and have to have other knee replaced as well, no date for surgery yet. If and when I am able to have hernia repaired locally, the doctors here only do it with incision and not laproscopically. Wondering if anyone has had similar problem and if the surgeon in Halifax will do both the weight surgery and hernia at the same time?

better_life_ahead
on 1/2/17 10:22 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: RE: Going on 5 years out

Thank you! looks like you have done awesome yourself! :)

mollyandboo
on 12/10/16 7:49 pm - Canada

Congrats for taking the path of a newer healthier you. I am 5 months shy of my 6 year anniversary. Roux en y. From 303 to 145. Fluctuates up and down 20 lbs. but maintaining. Definitely a lifestyle change. But so worth it!  Best of luck on your journey

better_life_ahead
on 11/8/16 3:49 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Hi! Sorry just seeing this now. I don't check here too often :)

It was aproximately 5 years in total, by time my Fam Dr had sent referral to see Dr B in Moncton, till my surgery date. 

Feel free to send me a message or look me up at [email protected] if you have anymore questions :)

crazycatladyNS
on 10/31/16 6:51 pm

I know I'm late with my reply, but great to hear of your success!  :) Thanks for sharing your progress with us!

I'm 39 from NS and have been on the waiting list for only one year. My letter came a couple months after my doctor referred me and I was told the wait time was 5-7 years!! It seems like forever. How long did you wait for your surgery?

Born in 1977. Nova Scotia. Medical Transcriptionist.

Height: 5'8"  /  SW: 248 /  CW: 250 /  GW: 175

BMI 38, with comorbidities: Polycystic ovarian disease, pre-diabetes, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome

Application for VSG in 2014. Got letter in Sept. '15 saying I was on waiting list for WLS Info Session (Step 1). Said wait times are approx. 5-7 years, as they're currently attending to 2009 referrals here in NS.  

KGP
on 10/5/16 8:53 am
Topic: RE: Private Facebook Groups?

Hi, I would love a Facebook group! Then it wouldn't take me 5 months to reply! I would join your group if you started one. I am not familiar about how to be an admin but I would like a private space to talk with people in my area who understand. I also belong to US groups and I can't get lots of the same products that they talk about.

So, it you start it, I will join!

Thanks and hope you are well.  Kelly

better_life_ahead
on 8/26/16 9:54 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Going on 5 years out

I was sleeved Feb 2012. Started off around 333 lbs. Got down to 155 lbs but bounced back up to 165 lbs where my body seemed to have been happy there.

Got pregnant in 2014, and gained back 70 lbs. It took me almost 2 years to get back on track.

But just wanted to let the newbies know that this far out, I don't regret for even 1 second having this surgery. I don't think I could have ever done it on my own from the start.

Now I have about 30ish lbs to get back to 165 which is my goal. I'd like to get back there by February 2017 as it will be 5 years since I'm sleeved and want to make the Bariatric team proud that I have been successful at this even at 5 years! :)

I currently workout at home and following a meal plan, and I'm loving the results! I'm almost 40 years old and have never felt this great in all my life! Even if you have fallen off the wagon, know that it is possible to get back on and get your life back! :)

Jewlz78
on 8/10/16 7:26 am
Topic: 100 People ahead of me.... how long?

I was referred back in April 2011 and I finally received my letter that asks me to get updated information from my doctor and there are approximately 100 people ahead of me for the information session.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a length of time from when they received their letter to when they actually got called for the information session?

KRS2014
on 8/4/16 7:45 am
with
Topic: RE: workouts / exercise?

No, we just have the videos at work and I choose whatever workout I feel like doing that day. My chiropractor doesn't want me doing some of them because of my bad back but she recommended the ab exercises.

better_life_ahead
on 8/4/16 7:16 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: RE: workouts / exercise?

Yeah, impossible for me to do the gym right now also. Are you part of challenge groups online for 21 day fix? 

Most Active