Recent Posts

KRS2014
on 8/4/16 6:11 am
with
Topic: RE: workouts / exercise?

I can't join a gym although that would be ideal for me. So, I try to get a workout in at lunch time at work. Usually walking/running on the treadmill or some 21 day fix workouts. I need to start doing more but have lost my motivation.

KRS2014
on 8/4/16 6:09 am
with
Topic: RE: Posts?

Hi there,

I come and look in here every once in awhile but have found it to be pretty quiet. I agree, it is sad and we really could use more support here.

better_life_ahead
on 7/28/16 10:33 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Posts?

Do people just like not post much anymore on here? I asked a question and there's a ton of views but no reply, kind of sad :( 

better_life_ahead
on 7/23/16 8:49 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: workouts / exercise?

Hey all, just wondering what everyone does for workouts / exercise? 

do you go to the gym? workout at home?

Thanks!

KRS2014
on 7/7/16 10:04 am
with
Topic: RE: new and needing advice

Hi, I had weight loss surgery in Mexico because the wait in NS was just too long for me. I financed it through MediCard. Look them up, you can apply online. If you have poor credit then you might need to find a co-signer to help you out. Good luck!

Kim

PoppySundae
on 6/30/16 3:57 pm
Topic: new and needing advice

Hi there

Im 43, have a BMI of 54, and though i have lost 40lbs i feel that gastric bypass is the most viable option for me to lose wight and keep it off.

I know the wait list in the province is over 6 years and so im lookingnto leaving the province. ...if not the country.  However, with terrible credit, i wonder how easy it would be to get financing, does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Are there any reommendations regarding where to start looking?

Any advice welcome ?

islandmom
on 5/30/16 1:23 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Private Facebook Groups?

That would be a great idea!

better_life_ahead
on 5/28/16 9:46 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Looking for people to join my FB Group!

Are you struggling? Need Support? Need Daily Motivation? Do you have a desire to start working out or get back on track after falling off the wagon??? Or maybe you are already being active and need a place for accountability and love to keep others motivated?

Well recently I've been part of a small group within friends and it's working amazingly!! And I want to be able for you to have the same support that I've been getting from a smaller group with people that WANTS to change and WANTs to GIVE or GET motivation to get up and start moving!

This group is all about what you feel comfortable with, but I want an ACTIVE group with lots of sharing, pics, workouts, food, recipes, videos and more!

My promise to you is that this group will exist for as long as possible, as I'm one that is struggling and also will do my best to motivate each one of you, and to remind you why you are here in the first place!

If you think this is a group that you could benefit from, please let me know and i'll add you to the group! 

KRS2014
on 5/24/16 8:42 am
with
Topic: RE: Private Facebook Groups?

Hi, I was sleeved in 2014 in Mexico and I am from Nova Scotia. I think a more local support group would be awesome. Most of the ones I have joined are mostly from the US. I don't mind starting one if you all want to join. It is great to swap recipes, motivate each other and keep each other accountable. Maybe I could call it Maritime Weight Loss Surgery Group or something. Open to any ideas :)

KRS2014
on 5/24/16 8:34 am
with
Topic: RE: Looking for advice from anyone who's used Mexico Bariatric Center

Hi,

I used Dr Alejandro Lopez at Alo Bariatrics in Tijuana Mexico. Both my best friend and I had surgery on the same day. We are doing great and haven't had any complications at all. Since then 4 more people from my local area have gone to him and have no complaints either. I had my surgery in August 2014. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I lost 80lbs. My friend has lost over 155lbs. She started at a higher weight than I did. I'm from NS too. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

Kim 

Most Active