Just letting people know I'm here!

Nichole N.
on 4/3/09 3:55 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I've never posted on this board because I just found it! So I thought I would say hi! So...HI!!!

-Nichole
MARY ANN M.
on 4/13/09 6:21 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Nichole,
You are the first Lap Band person I have seen in this forum so far.  I go to my surgeon tomorrow to see if I will be approved for the Lap Band.  How are you finding working with the Lap Band?  I am so nervous I can hardley stand it.  Did you have any problem with your insurance approving you?
Nichole N.
on 4/13/09 9:46 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi there!

I love my lap band! I will be a year post-op next month and I can honestly say this is the best gift I could have ever given myself. I hope you get approved! Let me know what happens.

I didn't have insurance, so I was cash pay. I used care credit and I just pay a monthly payment. Very convenient.

Good luck!

Nichole
MARY ANN M.
on 4/21/09 2:36 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Still no news on if I am approved or not.  We had a benefits fair at work and I spoke w/ the rep for my insurance and she said I shouldn't have any problem.   I am not a very patient person so this is a good learning experience for me.  Hope all is well w/ you.
What did your surgeon require you to do prior to your surgery?
Hermosa L
on 5/12/09 4:56 am
I never posted on here either. I'm usually on the main board I didn't know there was a specific NV forum.

I had surgery on March 10... I'm two month post op... if you have any questions let me know.

Hello everyone!
MARY ANN M.
on 5/15/09 2:43 am - Las Vegas, NV
Well, I got approved and my surgery date is 05/21/09, I am really looking forward this.
How did you like working with Dr. Soong?  I really love working with Dr. Teng and his staff. They are really strict and follow you through for quite a few years after.  I really need the strict thing.
How is the band working for you so far?
Have you had your first fill yet?

Mary Ann

Hermosa L
on 5/15/09 2:51 am
I love Surgical Weight Control Center.. everyone is very helpful and I have a few bad eposides and they rushed me in. After surgery I had a little saline in my band and I couldn't swallow anything so I had to go into the office and they had extract everything from my band. Then I had a really bad stuck eposide again they took me in but because I had no saline to extract I had to wait for it to pass on it's own...

I'm doing great I had surgery in March so I'm a little over 2 months post op and I'm down 32 pounds....

I have only had one fill 1cc ... I'm luckly to have really good restriction so I don't need more right now but I do have another dr appointment on May 27th.. I might get another 1 cc or .5

What hopsital does Dr. Teng use?
MARY ANN M.
on 5/15/09 4:53 am - Las Vegas, NV

I'm glad they saw you so quickly!!  I hear being stuck sucks!!  I read that if it is meat that gets stuck, you can dissolve some meat tenderizer in water and drink it and it eventually helps.
Dr. Teng does the surgery in Mountain View or Summerlin hospitals.
Congratulations on the 32 lb weight loss, that is exceptional!!!

Mary Ann

Hermosa L
on 5/15/09 6:27 am
Thinned oatmeal is what got stuck. I can't eat meat. I tried shreeded meat and it's very difficult. I can eat ground turkey and chicken even the chicken has to be a little wet with some salsa or rice vinegar something I can't have dry chicken.

When I got stuck I waited the 30 minutes then drank water and it made it worse they told me it's best to wait until the stuck feeling passes before drinking anything because the water sits on top of the stucked food creating more of an uncomfortable feeling... eventually I threw up but could not eat anything for the rest of the day.. had to revert back to hot liquids. Its challenging sometimes but you also get these great victories.. all my clothes I have on today are practically falling off.. new underwear size lol... sitting in my car driving the way the seat belts fits.. a bunch of little victories! 

MARY ANN M.
on 5/15/09 7:19 am - Las Vegas, NV

You had to be pretty constricted for thinned oatmeal not to pass!! 
I guess it's all a learning curve.  I never realized something that soft could get stuck!  It's really helpful to us newbies to read all of the experience that people already banded have. Good and bad. 

Mary Ann

Most Active