NSA frozen yogurt

kelkie11
on 3/26/11 3:30 am - Canada
Hi,

My book from St joes' say's that I can have NSA forzen yogurt in the pureed stage. How did this go for you guys? Was this something that you were able to keep down? What flavour and brands did you buy?

HW 276 SW 265  CW 164.8
June 1, 2010 referral sent to St Joe's Hamilton
August 9th, 2010 Orientation
October 27th, 2010 - Meeting with Nurse,Dietician, Social Worker, ECG (no sleep study required)
November 3rd, 2010- Ultrasound
November 18, 2010- Meeting with the Internist
December 14th- Meet the surgeon
December 23rd- Education Class
January 14th- Scope - was supposed to be Dec 17th but got changed.   : (
SURGERY DATE- FEBRUARY 26 2011

honourh
on 3/26/11 6:07 am - BARRIE, Canada

I have never bought it in containers for home, but Yogen Fruz at the mall has NSA...with raspberries is so good!

~ Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become ~        

Consult  254.8lbs  Surg.  220lbs NUT Goal 140lbs
  My Goal 127lbs   REACHED!!                
Jennifer D.
on 3/26/11 7:24 am
Make sure you look at the carb content. It can be nearly as high as regular products. Get the one with lowest carbs and you should be able to tolerate it.
Sharri63
on 3/26/11 8:49 am - St. Thomas, Canada
Hi Sorry to bother you but I was looking at your progress and was wondering why you went to an Internest?  Is that part of the process that I didn't know about?  Any info would be much appreciated!  Thanks     Sharri
kelkie11
on 3/26/11 9:39 am - Canada
HI,

Yes, seeing the internist is part of St Joe's program. It was easy peasy- they explain things to you and ask a bunch of questions..no big deal

HW 276 SW 265  CW 164.8
October 27th, 2010 - Meeting with Nurse,Dietician, Social Worker, ECG (no sleep study required)

birdiegirl
on 3/26/11 9:23 am
Hi Kelkie

Looks like you are doing well - thats great

St Joes booklet gives you all foods you can eat once on full menu....but if I were you and wanted to optimize my weight loss in the first crucial 6 months, I would not venture too far from meat/fish/chicken and a few veg and fruit..

I know it sounds boring - but its only for 6 months....I dont know how much you have to lose so maybe you dont need to be a rigid as I was....

The booklet allows you nsa yogurt and soft bread and potatoes etc....I'm just saying I would really watch the white type carbs with no nutritional value

We each will do what we want on this journey....someone gave me this advice pre-surgery and I am so glad they did - I really lost most of my weight in that first 9 month period and I credit it to sticking to meat-veg-fruit and lots of water

Hope this helps

Barb

kelkie11
on 3/26/11 9:40 am - Canada
Hi,

Thanks for the advice Barb. What about cottage cheese and other cheese?

HW 276 SW 265  CW 164.8

birdiegirl
on 3/26/11 10:05 am
Hi Keilke

Thanks for taking my advice how it was intended - to help

Cheese of any form was a staple during the first 6 months too....I ate it on top of anything that melted

Cottage cheese too....

Keep some liquid colace on hand as all the protein and cheese can be binding.....now that I eat most everything that problem is cured...lol

A successful OHér gave me the same advice I gave you before I had surgery....and I made up my mind to follow it to optimize that weight loss during the fast loss stage....I am so glad I did....

All the best

Barb

suzyq0052
on 3/26/11 4:05 pm
I purchased PLAIN non-fat greek yogurt and simply flavored it with crystal lite powder, mixing it well with a spoon.. then froze it in 1/2 cup or 1/4 servings and had it as a frozen treat. Greek yogurt seems to freeze well and is yummy, when flavored and HIGH in protein.

I use Glad Brand food storage containers..you can get 8 small containers per package that hold 1/2 cup each and they are good for storing greek yogurt in freezer etc.. I got mine at Walmart and they were very reasonably priced. The lids fit tight so no worries about them poping off and leaking.

suzyq0052

twins4meplus1
on 3/26/11 9:07 pm - St Thomas, Canada
What about sticking the small single serve containers of Source or Sillouette yogurt in the freezer and eating those. You can even stick a popsickle stick or spoon through the top and eat them like a popsickle. My kids do this all the time with yogurts or Minigos.
I would avoid too many "treats" early out. Stick to the basics to maximize your weight loss.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics