I'm back:)

coconut01
on 4/12/11 11:30 pm - Canada
Well I am back from my weight loss trip to florida.  Over all I had an aswome time!

I would not have enjoyed it half as much a year or so ago I was running up stairs, riding all the rides, pushing a stroller all day and just enjoying myself.  I even went shopping and bought some things in a size small, how awsome is that:)

Now my sister went also, this trip was supposed to entice us to lose weight, my mom paid and said as long as we lost a good amount of weight it was on.  Well my sister actually gained some before we went, she could harldy fasten the plane seat belt, she had massive foot pain all the time, was taking pain pills every day, and she coudl not go on many rides and had to sit a lot.  I am still upset at my mom for allowing her to have this trip without working for it. I was promised this trip over 3 years ago and no mention of it came up until I had surgery and lost some weight. So my sister got a free ride.  And yes I am bitter:(

But that is it, I made the best of it and if she had to sit, we went on and did our thing, my son had a blast and I think it was awsome.  I wore lots of sun screen and don't even have a light tan, I just burn, so I am happy about that.

i did find eating hard.  I cannot eat  salad,  it causes me pain, so I tried hard to find ample protien and it was either deep fried or dried out.  And I don't think I ever got in enough water in any givenday.  But I did my best, treated myself once a day to a sweet and walked for hours.  I am happy to be back home with my normal food and routine:)
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

Joyce J.
on 4/12/11 11:39 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Glad you had a great time. It is so much nicer travelling after losing a lot of weight

As for your sister, I wouldn't be too bitter, you know how hard it was for you to lose weight prior to surgery.
When your Mom originally made this deal I'm sure you both did much more struggling with your weight.
Too bad you can't convince her to have surgery

Take care
Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

jthompson593
on 4/12/11 11:43 pm
 Glad you had a great time. Back to normal now eh!
coconut01
on 4/12/11 11:48 pm - Canada
I know I should not be bitter, but I am cannot help it.  i think the fact that I struggled so much to lose and such makes it worse for me.  But I have not said anything to my mom or sister, I had a great time other than that:)

I have talked to her about sugery and she is not willing to see it from my point of view yet.  And I know it will be in her own time, she may one day be ready she may never be.  it took me a good while to realize i had to do something before I did it.

I am just glad to be home:)
Lisa3756
on 4/13/11 12:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
Welcome home.  Glad you had a great time!!
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
irol770
on 4/13/11 1:23 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Welcome back.  Glad you had a great time!

I agree that you shouldn't be bitter about your sister.  Yes, she got to go on this fabuous trip even though she didn't lose any weight and that was the only stipulation of the whole trip.  However, I don't imagine her trip was as great as yours.  Sounds like it may have been a little miserable...uncomfortable plane ride, sore feet, pain killers, etc.   You didn't have to deal with any of that because of your weight loss...that was your reward.  And hopefully one day she will get there.

I know it is hard to experience the great things this surgery brings and have your sister still not be interested.  I wish my sister would have surgery, but realistically I don't think she is in a place in her life right now that she would benefit completely.  So it is probably better that she doesn't have it.  It is hard to sit by and watch though when you know that there is help out there.  But each person has to come to that conclusion on their own, or else it won't be successful.

Anyway, glad you are back! 
Glitter Text Generator

jdance
on 4/13/11 3:51 am - Canada
Well doesn't that suck about sis, but you know in your heart, you earned your trip and that could have been you having to sit and take pain pills all the time, but it wasn't. So glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm sure sis was a bit green at your body freedom.

Your hard work paid off.

Getting back to routine is good.

imagenthat
on 4/13/11 5:02 am - Bolton, Canada
Welcome back!  Glad that you had a great time.  I would be bitter and pissed.  I think that is normal, just don't let it ruin your memories.

Traci

PINK62
on 4/14/11 8:15 am - Canada
welcome back..

Life is full of challenges...we take things one step at a time...

Most Active
Recent Topics