Just starting out

Radiogirl39
on 6/19/11 10:55 pm - Canada
Orientation - check.  Appointments scheduled - check.  Conflicted - check.  Learning a lot by reading other people's posts.  Still think this is right for me, but there is so much to learn and consider!  My friends are supportive, but family is scared and want me to try yet another super-marketed, expensive, buy our food diet plan. Ugh!
Karen M.
on 6/19/11 10:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Glad you made your way over to the Ontario forum - welcome! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cheryl D.
on 6/19/11 11:29 pm - Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the Forum.  I want to mention that you are in excellent hands too.  Dr. Sohi did my surgery at Humber River Regional about a year and a half ago and he was wonderful with me.  I've lost just over 125 pounds since then and I feel great.  He is a very compassionate and kind man.  At every subsequent check up he's made me feel on top of the world telling me I'm his "poster patient" for bariatric surgery.  His encouragement and interest in his patients is incredible.   You will do great!!

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

paula-37
on 6/19/11 11:39 pm - brantford, Canada
Hi wecome. i am glad to have on this board.glad you think this is right for you.maybe in time your family will be on board and be supporitve in you having this surgery.it is normal for your family to be scared.i was lucky when i decisded to have this surgery from day one  my family and friends where on board.i am know almost three years out from my surgery.this is a great place to come to make friends and get answers to questions you may have.i want to wiah you all the best of lcuk for a successful joreuny. i had my surgery done at HUMMBER RIVER REGIONAL HOSPITAL with doctor Klein .i am glad i did have this surgery.looking forward to having you on the bench.take care .i hope i have helped you in someway.all the best.sending you hugs.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

Tanya T.
on 6/20/11 12:23 am
Welcome to OH!

Tanya

CdnGal
on 6/20/11 2:05 am - Canada
Welcome aboard!  You'll find amazing support and information here.  All the best!
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 2:11 am - Vaughan, Canada
Welcome to the OH!  You've come to the right place.
Monica M.
on 6/20/11 2:44 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
There's a huge amount of info to learn, for sure. I hope that maybe some of the more concerned family members will go to your appts with you, so that they can learn as well. If you have a support group in your area, it would be very helpful if you went, and invited them along. My support group in Barrie has been an excellent source of support for me.

If you do decide to go on that superexpensive food plan, there's no reason why you can't stay on the path to surgery while you try that. There's a long enough wait that you can do both.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!!

Mon

tango123
on 6/20/11 6:43 am
Glad you made it on the board girlfriend. You will learn alot here!
Radiogirl39
on 6/20/11 1:03 pm - Canada
Thanks Everybody!
And thanks Cheryl for sharing  with me about Dr Sohi. One of my fears was that these doctors aren't doing it to help, but for the payday.  I feel better and look forward to meeting him this week.
Most Active
Recent Topics