Had Surgery Monday June 20th

tera P.
on 6/23/11 9:57 pm - Picton, Canada
the day started at 5.am, my husband and I stayed at the Sheridan it was very nice we had a great night together, I was very nervous......got up had a shower ,had to be at St.Joe's for 6:30.
my surgery was for 8 am :) We got the hospital,registered,changed.went and sat in the waiting room, then someone came to get me and check all my vitals and what not,weighed me i was down 23lbs after 3 weeks of optifast :)
then we went to another area and waited the anesthesiologist came out and talked to us , then one of the surgeons,then it was my time to go gave my hubby a kiss and a hug and I as off.
Walked into the operating room and met everyone ,they asked some questions made sure my decision was the same ,then he gave me something for my nerves and like that I was out !
woke up in recovery,then they wheeled me to short stay,I had a Private Room(thanks goodness for my hubby's insurance ),my hubby came in and immediately I got emotional(I'm a sap what can I say).
My best friend and brothers was there also :)
I had really no pain,but then again they did have hooked up to Morphine(wonderful stuff )
layed around most of the day, got up and walked about 9:30 pm then back to bed.
the next day I walked more and was being given morphine every six hrs. For me the worst part was the drain tube ,it really bothered me .
I ate the food that was brought to me , not all of it of course but little bits and it was fine:)
was released on Wed at about 10 am drove home which was about a 3 hrs drive that was a bit uncomfortable,but not unbearable.
I could not wait to get into my own bed :)
so I am 5 days out right now, keeping the pain down with oxycodone, sip,sip,sipping away and eating till I feel full.
the surgeon said everything went text book perfect and I am starting to feel really good :)

I do Have to say the drain tube is a pain in the A**, and it hurt coming out ,lol that was truly the worst part for me ,weird eh?
I am excited to go day by day on this journey ,I am loving this path I have chosen,and can't wait to start to be more mobile..

Thanks for reading , this site before my surgery was a god sent and it will be a base of knowledge from here on out Thank You!

referral: October 2010, Orientation: Feb 14, Surgeon: March 18
SW, bypass class,dietician:April 29, pre op / surgeon May24 Surgery JUNE 20

Lil-Stinker
on 6/23/11 10:01 pm
Hey good for you, and I'm glad you have so much support. Good one on the 23 lbs lost on Opti :-)
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
CdnGal
on 6/23/11 10:02 pm - Canada
Sounds like you have recovered well.  I didn't have a drain tube, what is that for?  Glad you are home and resting.  Congratulations!
tera P.
on 6/23/11 10:04 pm - Picton, Canada
it drains off fluid so you don't build up , they emptied it like every 6 hrs just looked like watery blood.

referral: October 2010, Orientation: Feb 14, Surgeon: March 18
SW, bypass class,dietician:April 29, pre op / surgeon May24 Surgery JUNE 20

Monica M.
on 6/23/11 10:54 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
That's awesome, so glad to hear you're doing well. Keep doing the right things, listen to advice from the veterans, and you'll rock this thing.

Take care.

Mon

Leanne1
on 6/23/11 11:21 pm - Newmarket, Canada
welcome to the bench!!

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

charm64
on 6/23/11 11:22 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Welcome home, and congrats.
Here's to a speedy recovery.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

sam1am
on 6/24/11 12:11 am
Congratulations and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

kellybelly333
on 6/24/11 12:27 am - Toronto, Canada
Congrats!! I didn't have a drain tube either. I wonder why some get it and others don'e?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 6/24/11 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada
Welcome to the bench :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/