TMI- opti veterans...

tango123
on 7/19/11 10:41 am
So I am on day 9 and have had almost no bowel movements. I need to go but not able to . Am I able to take pill form ex lax  (only thing that works for me) benefibre and metemucil do nothing.
I was hoping for the fast run to the toilet like some other but I got nothing!!!
paula-37
on 7/19/11 10:52 am - brantford, Canada
Hi when i was at your stage on the optifast i took something for the constipation.i took senikot.i would call your clinic and ask to make sure you can take something .have you tried a berium enima.good luck with your weight loss journey.i am sending  you hugs and positive vibes.i hope you go soon.i hope i have helped.cant wait to have you on the best all the best.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

Moselle
on 7/19/11 10:59 am - Athens, Canada

I was constipated right after surgery and I was allowed to use a Correctaol suppository and it worked great and fast. I would think that an ex lax pill if that is what works for you would be a better alternative to having you continue being constipated.  You continue to take other medications almost up to the day of your surgery. 

Good luck and I wish you well on your journey.

Monica M.
on 7/19/11 11:23 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
take what you need to, to get things moving.

look_out_world
on 7/19/11 12:49 pm - Canada
 At HRRH They suggested using Benifiber chewables.  They've really helped me a lot  and don't taste horrible.

lexxiblue
on 7/19/11 9:09 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
and here i thought optifast would make me "run" to the bathroom all day long?? sure proves we're all different!!!! 
debralight
on 7/19/11 11:04 pm - Canada
Its often opti-trots at the start followed by Opti-cork as you get closer to surgery.

I found the stuff incredibly constipating the entire time.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Karen W.
on 7/19/11 9:47 pm - Canada
My clinic told me to use a stool softener (ducosate sodium) and, when that didn't work, good old yucky Milk of Magnesia (which worked).  Good luck!

RNY April 11, 2011       

jcasb5
on 7/20/11 11:15 pm
Yes, Milk og Magnesia, but OMG does it taste terrible!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics