2 days til surgery...Bad teary day!

tango123
on 7/22/11 12:38 pm
I know I am probably just havin gpr surgery fears, but I do not have to eye on the prize. Too busy freaking out. I just want to wake up and put this all behind me.
As far as looking to the future, I just want to get past the first 2 weeks. I am having a real hard time mentally with this right now. I feel very out of control. (which is brutal for a control freak!)
Anyways just needed to vent.

EmmiePie
on 7/22/11 12:42 pm - Kingston, Canada
I think I did most of my freaking out in the months prior to surgery.  I was able to keep myself pretty calm in the days before.  Believe me, when its all done and over with, you will be so happy.  Especially once you see those pounds melt away :)  I'm a little over a week post-op and I couldn't be happier!
sam1am
on 7/22/11 1:03 pm
 Sorry you're having a bad day!  Try to concentrate on your future and what positive changes this surgery will make in your life.

The biggest regret that I see about wls is that people wish they had had it earlier!

Hang in there and all the best for a safe and easy one!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Susanne S.
on 7/22/11 1:28 pm - London, Canada
thinking of you
I'm sure I'll be the same when my time gets closer too

Jennifer D.
on 7/22/11 1:32 pm, edited 7/22/11 1:33 am
I took control of everything I could, made sure the house was in ship shape, my son would be cared for and the dog sitters had emergency numbers. Then I pretended I was going on vacation because the hotel I stayed at was resort-like with a pool. I don't remember where my mind was waiting to go into the OR but certainly not thinking surgery was what was about to happen. I am not sure how my avoidance technique would work for others but it worked well for me. Stick with us during your first couple of weeks after surgery, ask questions and take your mind off things by helping out others experiencing pre-op fears. You can do this : ). Will be watching for the news that you've come through with flying colours.
tango123
on 7/22/11 1:58 pm
Thank yo all soooo much to help put some fears to rest.
Just got off the phone with Karen T and it was the reassurance I needed!!
Clari31
on 7/22/11 2:09 pm - Newark, NJ
RNY on 07/25/11 with
I FEEL THE SAME. I THINK IT IS PRETTY NORMAL FOR US ALL.  BUT YEAIIIIIIIII FOR US 2 DAYS TILL THE START OF A NEW HEALTHY AND HAPPIER US :)
 Clarissa 
Karen T.
on 7/22/11 2:15 pm - Canada
So great to talk to you and I am glad I was of some help.  Please call me anytime.  Hopefully we can meet soon.  You are going to do great. 

Sharvanne
on 7/22/11 9:01 pm - Canada
 I understand... you'll be okay. I kept telling people I would feel better when I woke up from the operation, and eveything before that was crazy-time.

I was right. :)

Good luck!
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
Moselle
on 7/22/11 10:14 pm - Athens, Canada
I know what you mean about the pre-op nerves. Just remember to breathe and try to stay as positive as possible.  Keep talking to post-ops to assure yourself that it will be worth it in the long run.  The tool truly is an amazing gift that we can give ourselves which is life changing....and all for the better.

Big hug and I wish you all the best for Monday and much success along your exciting journey to come.  Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics