2 weeks post op update!

tango123
on 8/3/11 12:53 am
So I am up and around but tire easily...as for pain I never really took anything, not even tylenol. I had a 2-3 rounds of meds at the hospital but it appears that it reeked havoc on my bowels. I had a major blockage and had to go the the ER 2 days ago to have an ENIMA (sorry TMI) Not very pretty!
I am struggling getting all the food and protein in. I am so sick of what we are able to eat and I wont stray so I try to force myslef to get it in but if my palat says no then I gag. I know food is the key to my energy! Water is no problem.....
I very excited for my future and have lost 45lbs already. I go back to work on the 10th so we'll see how that goes!
I just wanted to thank everyone on here for all of your support and advice!
Tanja

Megan M.
on 8/3/11 2:21 am - Canada
I hear ya about being sick of what we can have.  So tired of those drinks - takes me an hour to get one down, and some days I struggle to get all 3 in.  Sick of juice and water.  I'm okay with the broth, thank heaven's it's a change of flavour.  Can't wait for Monday when I see the dietician and hopefully get to add something new - perhaps cream of wheat & oatmeal.  I find it funny to see how the pouch reacts to different things.  Sometimes I feel full enough to choke, then you sense this gurgly thing happening and all of a sudden you're comfortable again - kind of like a clogged drain!!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

sam1am
on 8/3/11 2:26 am
It should all get easier from now on!

Congrats on your 45 lbs, that's great!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

linda11665
on 8/3/11 4:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
Congrats on the 45lbs lost....Way to go girl....

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Brandy S.
on 8/3/11 7:46 am - Sudbury, Canada
yay on the 45 lbs!!!!!! Keep it up !!
Brandyyy  
Susanne S.
on 8/3/11 8:52 am - London, Canada
YAY on the 45 lbs!

Most Active
Recent Topics