I know this is normal but it's still difficult

Megan M.
on 8/4/11 11:11 pm - Canada
So here I am 2 weeks post-op, and the scale hasn't moved in 4 days.  I've seen others post about this, but let me tell you, when it happens you realize just how frustrating it is.  I'm trying to get as much fluids as I can, vitamins are good, and just no progress in 4 days.  Most likely my body is hanging on to whatever it can after having lost around 30 pounds since starting opti.  Even though I plan to weigh only once a week, this early out I just can't stay off the scale in the morning.  I see the nutritionist and nurse/practitioner again on Monday, so we'll see what their scale says then.  In reading my notes, I did notice that I was drinking more juice (diluted, and only 2g sugar) than I was supposed to be drinking - am allowed 1/2 c/day - didn't realize that!  Anyway, I'll just keep marching on!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Karen M.
on 8/4/11 11:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada
March on, Megan.  You will NOT lose everyday and your weight will fluctuate all the darn time.  I was a daily weigher, but for some reason the numbers never bothered me at all.  I had (blind lol) faith that my surgery would work and just carried on. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 11:39 pm - Canada
I'm 1.5 weeks out and felt bloated this morning - hopped on the scale & I'm up 2lbs. Figured it's jus****er and no need to panic. My soup had way too much sodium in it and I felt it! Today - holding off on the soups and just protein shakin' it!

Weight's a funny thing sometimes.
Monica M.
on 8/4/11 11:59 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
put your scale away. Give it to someone else to hold, who won't let you have it any more than every two weeks. I'm serious. Leave the scale the f**k alone. Ignore it. toss it away.

Derek C.
on 8/5/11 1:13 am - North Bay , Canada
AMEN !!!!!

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

JJ_
on 8/5/11 1:29 am
Megan M.
on 8/5/11 12:13 am - Canada
I know, you're right, staying off the scale would be a good thing.  I'm going back on on Monday just so that I can compare my scale to the clinic's scale, then after that I'm committing to once a week.  Once I'm comfortable with my progress, I'll probably be comfortable going to once every 2 weeks.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Monica M.
on 8/5/11 2:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you know,there are some people who ONLY get weighed at their follow up appts. I admire them... It really is the healthier way to go at this point. There is NO WAY you are not going to lose, this close to the beginning. You're only making yourself crazy.

thunderwoman
on 8/5/11 3:55 am - Canada
i agree with the others megan, stay off the darn scale. they like to toy with your mind.  i too was the same and to be honest i am trying to do the same thing ona weekly basis or even every 2 weeks.  your monday appointment will let you know how you are really doing. 

NurseTammy
on 8/5/11 5:49 am - Hamilton, Canada
I am relating to your about the weight.  When I went in for surgery I was 305, when I came home, I was 316!!!! (but I had blood transfusions the day I left hospital).  I lost the water weight immediatly in 24 hours.  Then the scale stopped moving.  Until yesterday!  When I went through the Eating Disorders Clinic at St. Joes, they had us bring in our scales.  I didn't have one for almost four years, but I broke down and bought one before Optifast.  I do weigh myself daily, but I know I can't fret over the numbers this early in the game. 
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics