Advice needed: where to shop for big girls Ottawa area

Angus Wright
on 8/5/11 12:26 am - Ottawa Canada, Canada
Hey everyone,

My good friend is coming to town for a visit and bringing her beautiful daughter with her. Wile here, they would like to go clothes shopping.

Her daughter is a pre teen and is size 16 pants and an xl plus in shirts and tops.

Can anyone give advice of where I might take them for something trendy and reasonable price in the Ottawa, Montreal, and surrounding area?

I remember what it was like to shop and not find stuff in my size. Want to encourage this beautiful girl and make it a positive trip.

Thanks everyone!
sam1am
on 8/5/11 2:08 am
Hehe, I thought you were shopping for a BIG GIRL!  I live in the hicks so I'm not really up on the good city shopping especially for a young girl.

Enjoy your visit!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ericaFG
on 8/5/11 2:22 am - Cambridge, Canada
Ottawa area I don't know at all - but I know there are some "younger" trendy stores that have big girl sizes.  I think my friend's neice shops at Forever 21?  
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Karen M #2
on 8/5/11 2:40 am, edited 8/5/11 2:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/20/10 with
Hey Angus, Pennington's has a line of clothing called MXM which is geared towards younger women/teen girls. I believe Addition-Elle also carries that line. Walmart also has some nicer things now in plus size (they've come a long way since I was last looking for something there).

Edited to add: If you want to take a day trip to Watertown (and you all have passports), the Salmon Run Mall has Deb and Maurice's which carry plus-sized clothing for teen and pre-teen girls.

HW-328/SW-309/CW-163/GW-160
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  - Robert Collier

Follow me on Twitter!: Karen_M_2

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 2:54 am
I shopped at Addition-elle and Penningtons.  I always prefered Addition-elle though.
Diana B.
on 8/5/11 3:20 am
RNY on 07/20/12
I LOVE Addition-Elle. They have a really nice mix of casual and dressy, and even kinda sexy stuff! It's the only store that has clothes that don't make me feel fat and ugly when I wear them. A good friend of mine has 2 plus-sized (very trendy) teen daughters and I know they shop there too.
Referral Sent to Ottawa WMC December 16th 2010
Info Session/First Appointment March 25th 2011
Surgical Assessment January 3rd 2012
Dietitian and Behaviourist February 15th 2012
Abdominal Ultrasound May 8 2012
Surgical Education Class June 13 2012
Surgeon Appointment June 28 2012
SURGERY!!!!! July 20 2012

happypants
on 8/5/11 4:00 am - Ottawa, Canada
Angus Bayshore might be a nice place to go as there is tons of shops plus plus size stores as well. I think letting a teenage girl lose in Bayshore will be the highlight of her weekend.
How about going downtown Ottawa and walk around the market, lots to seen as well as tons of shops.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Angus Wright
on 8/5/11 5:55 am - Ottawa Canada, Canada
Thanks everyone!
PaulaToronto
on 8/5/11 6:56 am - Toronto, Canada
Old Navy carries plus sizes.  I don't shop there but my younger niece does. 
NessaC
on 8/5/11 8:05 am, edited 8/5/11 8:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hey Angus
I'm in my twenties and constantly struggle to find things that are trendy. In Ottawa I shop at Addition- elle but beeline for the mxm stuff at the back. Old Navy has lots at a reasonable price. Winners is good but I'm never very succesful at bayshore , I find the barrhaven one good but St Laurent is the best. The Addition-Elle at College Square (Baseline and Woodroffe) is an outlet and always has lots for a really good price also at a 16/ xl plus she can still probably wear an xl in some regular stores. You can also go just over the border in Ogdensburg where they have a Fashion Bug which should be great for a pre-teen and is super well priced. Its under an hour so its pretty much worth it. In Montreal, I find H & M is made big so she would probably fit the xl in shirts and dresses.
Hope that helps!

edit: I've been racking my brain cause I knew I was missing a major one, Ricki's
Nessa   

Referral to Registry January 4 2011         Surgery November 7 2011
Most Active
Recent Topics