Looking for Plastic Surgery pic's and stories...

traci.traci
on 8/9/11 4:34 am - oshawa, Canada
Hi all,
It's great to see everyone is doing so well...
I am starting to look into plastic surgeons and would like some photos and info if anyone is willing to share.  I will b one year out in Oct. and when I see Dr. Starr in Oct. I am hoping that he will refer me then...
Thanks all
Traci...I'm on my way...

I am 5'3 1/2".....

weightloss since surgery          
Monica M.
on 8/9/11 4:49 am, edited 8/9/11 4:50 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
there are lots of pictures, if you just google the particular surgery you're interested, and choose "images". Or you could go to the plastic surgery forum, and ask about pictures there. or use the search option at the top right hand corner of this page.

traci.traci
on 8/12/11 9:53 am - oshawa, Canada
thanks
Traci...I'm on my way...

I am 5'3 1/2".....

weightloss since surgery          
twins4meplus1
on 8/9/11 6:11 am - St Thomas, Canada

I have an online group for those in Ontario researching Plastics. The link is in my signature below. I would recommend that you lose all the weight you want and stay stable for at least 6 months before you start Plastics. Do your homework so you know what you want to have done and how much it will cost.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

traci.traci
on 8/12/11 9:55 am - oshawa, Canada
Thanks so much Linda..I will check out the site..
Traci...I'm on my way...

I am 5'3 1/2".....

weightloss since surgery          
Mary A.
on 8/10/11 12:54 am
my doctor that I see on a bi-monthly basis would not refer me to a plastic surgeon UNTIL I was (1) year post-op and had maintained my weight loss for at least 6 months (I know eveyrone is different)...some surgeons want to know that you have maintained the weight for a specific amount of time, so that they will not spend time doing the surgery, only to have you gain back shortly thereafter, especially if having OHIP funding.

I agree..best place to get pics, other than the odd person that posts it is on an actual surgoens website,  (OR) when you actually get to the phase where you are going for a consult but keep in mind each persons results are their own.

I am looking to have a pannilectomy and possible tummy tuck and going for a consult next month I will be asking my surgeon for before and after pictures, even though she comes highly recommended..I want to see some of her work.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

traci.traci
on 8/12/11 9:56 am - oshawa, Canada
Thanks Mary...and good luck next month hope it all goes well
Traci...I'm on my way...

I am 5'3 1/2".....

weightloss since surgery          
ericaFG
on 8/10/11 1:45 am - Cambridge, Canada
I had a Tummy Tuck (I self-paid for the "upgrade" from a panni that was covered by OHIP) and my arms done last fall.  Had a breast reduction and scar revision (I tend to keloid and did in a few visible spots, so he redid them in the hopes we can get them to go flat like the rest) last week.

I went to two consults - both dr's had operated on friends and I had seen their work with my own eyes.  One is very well known on this board for working with OHIP and getting things covered - and he doesn't charge a ton of money over and above.  Some dr's get OHIP coverage and then the "self-pay" portion you pay is almost what it would cost you to just go to a self-pay dr. and get it done without OHIP.  The other doesn't work with OHIP.  He was SUPER expensive.

The other thing to consider would be how much experience they have working with people who have lost large amounts of weight.  It is very different to work with our stretched out skin than doing a "mommy-tuck" or something like that.

I have pictures on my profile if you'd like to see.  You need to be a friend and pm me for the password.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

traci.traci
on 8/12/11 9:58 am, edited 8/12/11 9:58 am - oshawa, Canada
Thanks Erica ..please add me , I couldnt ad you..I  would like to c your pics...
Traci...I'm on my way...

I am 5'3 1/2".....

weightloss since surgery          
Most Active
Recent Topics