oh no.. it has begun!

lovin_life
on 10/30/11 4:05 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!
I'm just over 2.5 months post op and the hair issues have begun! My hair is starting to fall out now..not too bad but there is definitely more then before.. And I also noticed this morning that my hair quality has gone down the crapper.. My hair strands seem to be a lot thinner and my hair is actually getting really stretchy..which means it loosing its strength..and I have ALOT of split ends all of a sudden.. I have always had very thick, healthy hair.. no split ends..no issues.. So i had abit of a melt down this morning..I always knew it would happen.. and I know it wont last forever but it sure is upsetting..
Oh well.. what can ya do..lol..
-Lovin' life..

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
TBIYTC
on 10/30/11 5:20 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Sorry Loving Life - who said WLS is easy!!!  So much to deal with!!!  You know it will get better, and you know the weight loss is worth it.  In the meantime, hats are popular in the winter, and there's lots of fun hair extentions out there!  Hair loss is definately one side effect I am not looking forward to!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Donnaslifepart2
on 10/30/11 5:55 am - Canada
I have had TERRIBLE hair loss.  Practically bald at the forehead. It is coming back now (at 5 months) and I have lots of whispy regrowth which, eeek, is growing in grey. 

I am waiting to colour it for a bit more growth to come in but I find it hard not to dive into a bleach bottle.
StevesGal
on 10/30/11 9:02 am - Hamilton, Canada

Don't worry, it's just hair.  It will come back.

What I did at 2 months was cut it super short - pixy style - as a 'pre-emptive strike'.  This seems to help keep it healthier (for me, anyway).

If you're really self-conscious about it, perhaps you could invest in a wig.  But a good one costs $$$$, and since you won't be wearing it for the rest of your life, I would suggest just wearing hats/scarves for now.  Otherwise, consider it more weight loss!!

I'd rather be bald, than fat.  I can always wear a wig.   Uh, huh.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/30/11 10:35 pm
Yes, it is shocking.
It too shall pass. Keep in mind you will notice it more than others. Keep up your protein.
-Yvonne
tango123
on 11/1/11 7:22 am
Me too!! I'm 3.5 months out and I am shedding worse than our pets. Here's hoping this is a short situation.
Most Active