Stall from hell

tango123
on 1/27/12 4:33 am
Since Christmas I have yo-yo'd from 213 to 204...now down to 210 (while on my period) so hopefully that will be minus 1-2 lbs.
I havent changed the way I eat and if anything am not getting enough protein. I am however working out like mad. I am hoping it is just muscle gain as I have lost a dress size in the last month.
I can't fget over the mental numbers thing though and I am so close to onederland it's just killing me! I am afraid that this is it. In the great scheme of things it would be ok as I feel fantastic and am happy with the way I look. Because I have set a goal of 170 lbs it will kill me not to meet that and I am already 6 months out (84lbs lost) but NEED to reach this goal. If I dont I worry I will go to that failure place and then who knows. I have been so dedicated to going to the gym and eatting, need to re-focus on my vitamis no. I am gettibg bloodwork next month so hoping that it is all on course.
Any suggestions on how to kick start my weight loss? Should i cut out carbs all together for a while, I barely eat any as it is,
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Joyce J.
on 1/27/12 4:55 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Stalls really suck LOL.
You kind of answered your own question. Eating the same all the time and not getting enough protein.
Try upping your protein and change up your diet. Our bodies get tired of the same old food allthe time I think.
As we get closer to our goal it is always much harder.
make sure you are getting all your water in too.
Good luck
Have a good week end

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/12 5:05 am - Canada
OMG! Do I feel ya! I've been in a stall since Dec 20. Monday is a new program at the gym & I hope that shakes up my body enough. I've done everything imaginable and nothing has worked yet. I know in time the weight will come off again but it's so frustrating!
Leanne1
on 1/27/12 5:12 am - Newmarket, Canada
I know it's tough to do it everyday but maybe join the "What are you eating/doing?" thread.

Everyone can help you tweek your foods and help you kick the stall, as long as you follow the suggestions

You shouldn't cut out ALLL the carbs, your body/ brain still need carbs to function.
What do you eat everyday? Do you have a sample menu we can look at? Are you tracking your foods? If you are working out "like mad" you should definitely be eating more proteins and carbs
CdnGal
on 1/28/12 12:21 am - Canada
 Thank God!!  I was thinking that I was the only one!  I am very similar to you, I have been going through a big stall, have been exercising like crazy, and only until recently have not lost anything.  I have started by tracking everything on fit day and it has seemed to help.  I too am 7 months out, and am at 202.  It is so frustrating because I am doing all kinds of exercise, and it just doesn't seem to be coming off.  Best of luck, and keep me posted!

Mary A.
on 1/30/12 1:51 am
try to remember not to focus on the scale...becaus ethe scale is NOT the only indicator that you are making progress...dropping a dress size means you have lost inches and NO DOUBT working out..you have gained muscle mass.

There are 5 day pouch tests, where you go back to step one (liquids) to re-start your pouch and make sure it's working to the best it possibly can.

Give yourself a break 84lbs LOSS is NOTHING to sneeze at...when was the last time you lost that much weight and felt as great as you do,

Making a goal is wonderful, but keep in mind your body may not HAVE to reach that 170lbs...sometimes we choose numbers and our bodies won;t cooperate and that is fine...maybe you will be within 10 lbs of your goal..is that really bad??... I don't think so~!

Stop looking at the scale........and concentrate on life and what you have achieved this far...

Stalls/plateuas are inevitable...
so just rid ethe course stick ot the plan and you may still make some huge leaps.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics