What happens at the one month follow up appts

agrmax
on 3/3/12 1:06 am - Oshawa, Canada
I am really wondering what usually happens at the one month follow up appts as TWH called yesterday with my appts and the surgeon one is on March 12 but all the other appts are not till May 1.  It seems like a long time away to me so just wondering what I will be missing as when I do see the nutritionist and social worker I will be 3 months post op.

So for anyone who has went throught this if you could please give me some insight.

Thanks
Ann

Orientation September 2011 - Surgeon appt January 23, 2012 - Surgery February 13, 2012

Hannahmumma03
on 3/3/12 3:06 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
I will be there on march 12th for 2 appts. 8 30 and 10 30. what time are you there? maybe we'll run into each other.

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

agrmax
on 3/3/12 3:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
My apointment is at 12:50

Orientation September 2011 - Surgeon appt January 23, 2012 - Surgery February 13, 2012

Toni B.
on 3/3/12 3:39 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
That's just so weird... the way the schedule things makes absolutely no sense to me.

I had my surgery Jan 19th, and my first appointment (SW & Nut) isn't until next friday... I don't actually see a surgeon until March 29th, well over two months post-op....

It's frustrating. Oh well... thankfully I haven't had a lot of complications or anything.

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

agrmax
on 3/3/12 3:46 am - Oshawa, Canada
Yes I agree with the scheduling, you would think they try to keep it close to the one month as we are new to this way of life, what if we are doing something wrong.  It would be better to change it soon so the it does not become a habit.

I will let you know about the surgeon appt please inform me after your SW & Nut appt.

Toni B.
on 3/3/12 3:50 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
It's a deal!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/12 4:29 am - Toronto, Canada
 Their follow up appointments are definitely a mess.  Mine 1 month appointments are all over the place...but none are close to the one month post-op mark. 
Susan B.
on 3/3/12 6:52 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
I have called a couple of times to book my 3-4 week post surgery appointment and was told they forgot to leave the surgeon time to see everyone post op so the post op appointments are all over the place,  My issue is I do not have voice mail-I refuse to be held hostage to voice mail at home I get enough of it at work- so I just need to call weekly to get my appointment.  I am now 3 weeks post op and have not heard yet so who knows.

The organization of the appointments needs some work for sure, both pre and post operative appointments.  Luckily the actual surgery and post op in the hospital is excellent.  The issue is the appointments can cause so much stress to people.  I think we all need to give this feedback to the program itself.,  I am going to ask who the department reports to in the hierarchey of the hospital and I will send a note.  If anyone wants I can post that information here as well......Oh yea I am referring to Toronto Western Hospital.

Cheers!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Tammy G.
on 3/3/12 9:06 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 I went on Friday and I saw the dietician, surgeons resident and the social worker.....my one appt. was 2 hours before my other ones, so I had an extended lunch.  I don't have to see the surgeon again until my one year surgiversary.  The other specialities I am supposed to see at 3 months out.  I am expecting it to be more like 4-5 months though.  It was pretty much "how are you feeling, are you having any adverse reactions, how are your moods, what are your thoughts are your sagging skin...lol, seriously that was one of the questions, you need to get more protein in, here are some ideas" those kind of things.  All of which could of probably been done over the phone IMO.  Except for the surgeon who wanted to look at my incisions, and feel my abdomen, which I could have gone to my family doctors'.  But it is good they are following up with everything I guess.

Tammy 

Tates
on 3/5/12 5:52 am - Canada
 Hello, I had my surgery feb 22, did you have to call the hospital for your follow up or did they call you??? I called and left a message and haven't heard back yet? Also, how are you finding the diet post op?
Most Active
Recent Topics