Laparoscopy Update - Surprise

Allyson A.
on 3/21/12 4:00 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Well, I had my surgery yesterday morning and Dr. Huynh repaired a small bellybutton hernia, removed about 8 cm of bowel and then repaired my candy cane roux limb that we didn;t know I had.  He believes that the candycane syndrome was the cause of the problems I had been having with the excess gas and the vomiting issue.  So I go back to see Dr. Klein in 3 weeks or so for a followup and hopefully that will be the end of these issues and no more surgery until plastics. LOL 

Feeling a little on the sore side today. Mostly achy.  Did some retail therapy this morning, bought some new clothes.  Feeling better.

Thanx again everyone for your words or encouragement and support.

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

morena8162
on 3/21/12 4:04 am - Canada
Glad to hear that they found the problem.. hopefully this will rectify all the issues you've had..  -
Wishing you well... !!  Good for you with the retail therapy... I cant wait to get there..

Gee
Surgeon: March 02/12 Surgery: April 04/12
Looking forward to a brighter, healthier tomorrow ....  

Gabygee
on 3/21/12 4:11 am - Canada
I hadn't heard of a candycane roux limb before - that's interesting. But it sounds like Dr Huynh figured out your innards alright.

Poor you. Must've been nasty, all those weeks of pain and disconfort.
Now maybe your poor tummy will be all straightened out (no pun intended ...)

Gabygee
on 3/21/12 4:22 am - Canada
I looked it up - apparently Candycane Roux limb is described as
leftover nonfunctional Roux limb next to the gastric bypass can cause abnormal upper gastrointestinal symptoms post-op.
and then they also said
symptoms can include food regugrugitation, reflux, significant weight regain, belly pain relieved after vomiting, persistent nausea, and uncomfortable gastric fullness."

Wow. Wonder how many of us had that and never even knew it?

Karen M.
on 3/21/12 4:33 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yes, there are a few people here who had that issue and recently had it fixed.  Em R from Ottawa is having hers fixed March 27th I think.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Revision S.
on 3/21/12 5:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
yes, yes I am!!

I had the weight re-gain and MAJOR ulcers

-Em

350Ann180
on 3/21/12 4:12 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Yeah for you!  Hopefully you got to the bottom of the issues.  Here's to good health from here forward!

Joyce J.
on 3/21/12 4:13 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Glad to hear they fixed you up. Hope that is the end of it for you. Now you can concentrate losing and getting healthier

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Monica M.
on 3/21/12 4:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
thank you so much for updating us, Allyson!! Great to hear that you had that taken care of. I hope your healign goes well.

PatXYZ
on 3/21/12 4:41 am
Glad to hear you're all fixed up!
Most Active
Recent Topics