quick question

hjb
on 3/31/12 10:19 am
as some of you know i'm newly post-op...10 days tomorrow. (i feel great btw)...

i take a materna pre-natal vitamin every night, been crushing it up and boiling it in some water then adding it to a cold glass of crystal light... but it just won't dissolve and it's seriously gross. it's the only thing i'm having a problem with post-op.

can i chop it in pieces and take it that way instead of crushing it?
Dianadcr
on 3/31/12 10:36 am - Canada
I had the same issue. The nurse at my one week session suggested I cru**** and mix it with a bit of sf applesauce. Not the greatest but it was more palatable. I found that the easiest for me. Now at two months out I chop it up and just swallow it with water or crystal lite. Good luck.
  Diana

Moselle
on 3/31/12 11:01 am - Athens, Canada
I did the chewable vitamins for the first month, but it wasn't any picnic either.  I was very happy to get the swallowing whole pill stage.  I would try a little applesauce or yogurt to try and hide the flavour if you can manage it.  It won't be long before this too shall pass.

Belated welcome to the bench; I'm glad to hear that you are feeling great.  Keep at it because it gets easier everyday.

All the best, Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Rachel O.
on 3/31/12 11:13 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
I am just over 3 weeks out and what I do is cru**** up and put it on top of OJ....I have some left over med cups so I fill one with OJ and put the crushed pill on top. Down it and then do another OJ cup and down that one too. It will not dissolve for some reason. You could cut it up and take it that way just have to make sure it;s small enough.
Monica M.
on 3/31/12 11:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
just cut it in small pieces and swallow it. Boiling it might not be a great idea, might break down some of the nutrients.

paparufus
on 3/31/12 12:30 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
Try Centrum Chewable in orange flavour.  I got mine in Buffalo Walmart.  not the greatest, but I suck 'em

PatXYZ
on 3/31/12 3:35 pm
Some of mine are chewable, but those that aren't I've been using a pill splitter on and swallowing them. Just make the pieces pretty tiny to start with.

What are you doing for your B12, D, Calcium and Iron?
highlandbear
on 3/31/12 10:13 pm - Canada

I am over 2 years out and I still crush them.  I have found mixing it in with yogurt is a great way to take them. Most of the time I don't even notice the vitamin. You might want to try it that way. I could not stand it with applesauce. Good Luck

hjb
on 4/1/12 12:28 am
thanks all :) i am gonna do a bit of a vitamin hunt today to see what i can find... if i cant find anything i will try the tips and tricks you provided :)
Most Active
Recent Topics