optifast and weight???

barbniko
on 4/19/12 11:58 pm
How much weight do y9ou loose on optifast?? I started on MOnday and have lost 4 lbs?? Is this normal??
Joyce J.
on 4/20/12 12:06 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

You have done very well so far. Everyone is different though, some lose more some less
It's more losing the fat around the liver that is the concern. Of course the more weight you lose the better for you, but it is very individual
Maybe others will post what they lost. I never did opti so can't say for myself
Keep up the good work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Catw
on 4/20/12 12:12 am - Arnprior, Canada
This is very individual, some lose big, and others don't lose much,  I lost about 20lbs during 3 weeks of optifast.

Cathy

Penny85
on 4/20/12 12:19 am - Guelph, Canada
 I was on Opti for 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs.  My surgeon told me I had a beautiful liver after my surgery was over.  Opti isn't about losing weight pre-op (alhtough it is a nice side effect!) it's about minimizing the size of the liver since they have to move it around inside of you while doing the surgery.

Pre-opti-  289 lbs    Surgery-  283.8 lbs    Current-  209 lbs    Surgeons Goal-  180    My Goal-  150 lbs

Referral sent - June 2010          Surgery date - December 14, 2011       Referral to surgery - 18 months

barbniko
on 4/20/12 12:25 am
Hi ladies, thanks for your input..I understand it is about it is about the liver..But I didn't expect to loose 4 lbs either in a few days..I was just wondering if that was normal?? Thanks again!!
Joyce J.
on 4/20/12 12:35 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

As with any "diet" or weight loss plan people usually lose more in the first week. Mostly water weight

Keep up the good work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Nathalie_Can
on 4/20/12 1:51 am
 I was on it for 28 days and lost 27lbs....lost 10 the first week so you are doing well.
How do you like it?
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Kelshy
on 4/20/12 2:21 am - Cannifton, Canada
 I lost an average of a pound a day for a total of 22 lbs (3 weeks of opti-crap)

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/12 5:08 am - Canada
I lost most of the weight in the 1st week. I was on it for 4 weeks and only lost 11lbs total. Very disappointed.

I think 4lbs so far is VERY good and YES, for most people that is normal.
sam1am
on 4/20/12 5:30 am
I lost about a pound a day, so that's about the same as you so far.  It's normal!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics