surgery on Monday

barbniko
on 4/27/12 4:50 am
I am having my surgery on Monday and I can't wait!!  Does anyone have any advice for me?? What to bring with me to the hospital?? I am going to Guelph..Thanks!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/12 4:55 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Sorry I have no suggestions, but Good Luck!
robinmarie1959
on 4/27/12 5:01 am - Canada
 hi I wouldnt bring anything with you except wear maybe track pants for when you go home i didnt bring anything with me when i went in Dec. except bring your toothbrush and paste and hairbrush. I just kept wearing the hospital gowns i was fine Good luck

Joyce J.
on 4/27/12 5:02 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Not sure what you should take. When I had mine done in the States everything was supplied for me.
You will need something to wear home that is very comfortable around your mid section.
I took a book but never read LOL

I love the profile pic................... so cute

Take care
Here's to an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery
Post when you can

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

niceeyes72
on 4/27/12 5:08 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

Hi,
When I went last month, I took lip balm, my own pillow- so glad i did!!! and my iphone to keep in touch with home and OH.  
I also staying in the gown, used their shampoo etc but brought my toothpaste and tooth brush.

Almost there!!! YAY!! Keep us posted !!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

lookingforward54
on 4/27/12 5:13 am - Owen Sound, Canada
hi
All suggestions are good. You don't need much and I found that the staff in Guelph were wonderful. They made you feel so at ease. Good Luck and soon you will be on the bench.
Deb
Moselle
on 4/27/12 6:25 am, edited 4/27/12 6:25 am - Athens, Canada
I agree that you on't need much. Although I wish I had taken ear plugs because I found it difficult to sleep as I found the hospital very noisy.  All the best for Monday. We'll be saving a spot on the bench for you!
Allaryanna
on 4/30/12 9:35 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 I second the ear plugs thing.  And comfy clothes and slippers.  

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

JJ_
on 4/27/12 6:51 am
Hiya,

If you are still menstruating, take a supply of your own pads (just in case).  I prefer the super thin ones and the hospital has the brick kind.  Sometimes the stress can bring on menstruation even if you just had it two weeks previously.

Very common.

I really used my ear plugs, slippers to walk the halls in, the same comfy clothes that I wore to the hospital.  Don`t forget your charger for your cellphone and/or tablet.

If you use a CPAP machine do not forget that either!!

Judy
Brenda T.
on 4/27/12 8:55 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So very excited for you!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics