on 7/25/12 10:55 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Congrats.
Blu-Diva
on 7/25/12 1:32 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Happy birthday, and congrats on the great milestone     

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

gardeninggal
on 7/25/12 1:49 pm - Midland, Canada

105 lbs in 5 months is freekin awesome....and a shopping you will go!  Enjoy every little thing....from fitting into clothing, car seats, restaurant booth, second looks - hey I think I remember you, lol etc.   shine on and keep the positive energy....you are an inspiration

Susan B.
on 7/25/12 3:07 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Thank you to all *****sponded~Shopping was amazing-When I started I was in a very tight size 26.  In fact my jeans were so tight I did not wear them.  Today I bought 2 jackets in a size 14 and a pair of jeans in a size 18.  The jeans were from Forever 21!!!......They were $15!!!!.  I have had to pay more for that for undies in the past. 

It is overwhelming checking out stores, and the prices~what a difference when you are not paying big store prices!

It is oh so worth it everyone!!  It is difficult at times but it is soooo worth it.  Keep up the work~keep working on yourselves!!

Thanks again for the great support information and understanding I get from you all!!

Rock On!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/12 9:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
So great - and that is a NSV that I'm looking forward to as well - shopping in regular-sized stores!  I have a friend who loves to hit the sales in the regular-size stores, and she finds gorgeous dresses for $15-30, casual tops for $5, etc.  It's always amazing to me.  I'm so glad you have reached that stage, and can't wait to join you!

That friend of mine went shopping with me recently at Pennington's, where there was a sale on some stuff.  None of the sale items were in my size (4x), and I was paying between $30-40 for shirts.  Her jaw dropped at the prices, but I told her, "Welcome to my world. This is why I go shopping maybe twice a year and spend a few hundred dollars each time."

We figured out that we probably spend the same amount of money on clothes throughout the year, but she gets a lot more clothing than I do and buys it a lot more regularly when she sees something she likes on sale (and then she gives it away to charity when she gets tired of it), whereas I go for "big shops" when my clothes wear out and I get down to not having enough to wear - I never really get to the point where I have to give clothes away, because I wear them until they fall apart.

I wasn't going to spend so much on summer clothes this year because I knew I wouldn't fit into them next year (I hope!) but I decided that I would anyhow since I had hardly any tops, and thought, "This is the last time I'll have to spend this much on summer clothes - I'll give them away after surgery when I start dropping weight quickly."

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

msheavyhearted
on 7/27/12 7:51 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Congratulations on meeting such a great milestone. All the best in the last leg of your journey!
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Most Active
Recent Topics