RNY on 03/08/13

Welcome Evie!     

All the best of luck on your journey!

Darlene

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

shrinkingeve
on 10/23/12 12:37 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 Thank You Darlene :) I am just a bundle of nerves but it is so nice to read all this information and have all these people dealing with what I am and what I will be going through. 
Sirene
on 10/23/12 12:51 am - Ottawa, Canada
Dr Raiche is great! I had her when I had my surgery one year ago. She is very young looking but she really knows her stuff and she has a great bedside manner. You will be in great hands!!

Good luck!
and welcome!

Jennifer  

shrinkingeve
on 10/23/12 3:27 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
Thank you Jennifer! I am so glad to hear that someone as successful in this process also had her. You look fantastic and sounds like you feel even better. I hope to run and play again one day and maybe even snowboard and surf again :) Happy Anniversary to you! Evie
shrinkingeve
on 10/23/12 4:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 One more thing Jennifer...Why doesnt our doctors name show up like some?
karenbean
on 10/24/12 5:36 am
Guess we will be roomies. I'm booked for the 15th too with Dr Raiche. Can't wait .
shrinkingeve
on 10/24/12 5:50 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 How cool! I sent you a friend request as well. Are you starting the Optifast tomorrow as well? I wonder when we will have our appointment with the anesthesiologist. Just wait for the call I guess. 
readytomoveon
on 10/24/12 9:02 am - Canada
 Hello Everyone!! 

it is so exiciting to see all you gals i have been freaking out not seeing anything on here by Dr. Raiche. I am going to meet her on tuesday the 30.   How long after that will i get my surgery date? 
please add me as a friend... exicited to have people to talk to.

Mel
shrinkingeve
on 10/24/12 9:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 Hi Mel!

I sent you a friend request :)

I met with Dr Raiche on the 16th for my "Consent for Surgery" appointment. I got the Optifast prescription at that appointment . My schedule is wide open right now as I am not working at the moment and I needed to have a date to give family and friends that were taking a couple of days off etc. I didn't hear back for a few days so I called and left a message. I was informed they usually call back a week or two after that last appointment and schedule you 4-6 weeks after that. I explained my situation and was scheduled for the 15th of Nov. Today will be day one of Optifast for me.

Keep us posted!

Evie

northernblueyes
on 10/24/12 9:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
Evie,

Congratulations and welcome to the board, 
I , too am in Ottawa, feel free to add me, 
I am new to the Ottawa area and would love to meet people going through the same .
I am in the beginning stages of this great journey having had referral, orientation, nurse appointment, blood work, I go for Nut & Behav December 9th.