Today is hard

MissaAnne
on 10/31/12 5:15 am - Canada

First day on Opti... I wasnt thinking it was going to suck but I started my day with a pulsing headache and now I'm hungry :( I cant wait for Ketosis!! this is going to be a long 2 weeks. Please share some support with me :(

​Referred April 30 2012            Diet Aug 17 2012                    PATTS Oct 30 2012                                   Orientation June 20 2012       Ab Ultrasound Sept 5 2012     Opti-Fast Oct 31 2012
NP July 13 2012                     NP Sept 7 2012                      Surgery Date Nov 14 2012                  
     SW&Diet July 20 2012          Meet Surgeon Oct 15 2012    

Karen M.
on 10/31/12 5:22 am - Mississauga, Canada

:(  I'm sure it sucks. You hang in there!  Whine, complain, vent all you want here.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

time2changeme
on 10/31/12 5:24 am

Hi Anne...I am just home for the hospital after having my VSG prior to that I was on 6 weeks of optifast.

I had some days that l was so hungry esp over Thanksgiving, a wedding, and a birthday party,  but I can honestly say I did the 6 week opti-fast program faithfully.  It wasn't easy but I did it.  Trust me if l can do it for 6 weeks you can do it for 2 weeks!  If you tell yourself it's going to be the worst 2 weeks of your life, chances are you will talk yourself into thinking that, however if you constantly remind yourself why you are doing this, reading over your goals and thinking about how this will improve your life ....it isn't so bad.

Hang in there, I know you can do it :-)

Good Luck on  your journey

shrinkingeve
on 10/31/12 5:25 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

It does get easier but I wont lie it is never really easy hun. I am on day 7 and despite some noticeable ease in the constant hunger I am starving today and have not cheated once! I wonder why some of us have to do this for 3 weeks and others two? It seems like I am weak from the super low calories or maybe I need to be less active during this time.....none the less hang in there two weeks to go is not that bad in the big picture.....I will keep telling myself the same thing!

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

Julia P.
on 10/31/12 5:27 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I was in your shoes about a month ago - it does suck, particularly for the first few days.  I was on for 2 weeks total, and it really does get better the further along you get. 

Make sure you're timing them right - I needed to have one about every 4 1/2 hours while awake, or I would get very hungry/faint.  So I'd have one at 7:30, 12 noon, 4:30, and then one later in the night around 8:30/9 p.m.

Also, have you tried changing up the flavours at all with extracts or sugar free syrups?  Also, I found that when I blended them with a ton of ice, I was fuller for longer.

Also, make use of any extras that you are allowed (broth, sugar free jello were staples for me), to help you get through these first few days.

I hope this helps!  Hang in there.

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

MissaAnne
on 10/31/12 5:29 am - Canada

Thanks for the love :) I have been told that it's the first 3 days that are the worst because thats how long it should take to reach ketosis after that I'm thinking it should be fine..
This morning I came downstairs after waiting for my tylenol to work to find dirty breakfast dishes from my hubby so I started cleaning the mess so I didnt see food, then went on to sweep and mop the house, and now on 3 loads of laundry. I figure just keep busy and dont think about it! I have a friend coming over for support we are going to walk walmart for fun :)

time2changeme
on 10/31/12 5:32 am

Sounds good Anne enjoy the walk with your friend and stay out of the food aisle's!  LOL 
I found keeping busy was good for me too, but some of the aroma's from the fast food places

and samples they offer in the stores are sooo tempting sometimes.

You can do this, good luck :-)

crstalww
on 10/31/12 5:35 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
I know it sucks Im on day 10 and I am ok the first two days was bad then it got better then on the weekend I was weak. Stay strong and know that you can do this and you will keep your eyes on the prize. I actually hated the taste before I am use to it so its like drinking a shake lol . You still get head hundery which I need to get over I have broth and it settles. as someone else said vent scream anything on here we are all cheering you on becasue you can do it and so can I.

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

dna
on 10/31/12 5:44 am - Canada

Opti is like the worst part.  It's a head game but it does teach you to eat 4 times a day at regular times (if you didn't before) and it cleans out your body :) 

Stick with it .. it's worth it in the end !

You can do this for you :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Monica M.
on 10/31/12 5:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

it does suck. Take some tylenol. Do something nice for yourself. You're awesome, you can do this, chickie!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics