TMI maybe?

ChrisC74
on 11/16/12 10:04 am - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
I wondering since my last sleep study CPAP level 16, if since having lost nearly 80 lbs from my highest weigh-in. I wake up with some serious gas, passing gas like a champ. no pain, just tooting like crazy. Can it be my level is too high? but im only 4.5 weeks out, so im thinking its way too soon to book another sleep study, any advice? Thanx!!!
Sueg
on 11/16/12 10:55 am - Canada

That can definatly be it.  After my WLS i no longer needed my CPAP.  For now i would just see if you can lower your pessure and then maybe in the summer time, do another study to see if you even need it any more.

ChrisC74
on 11/16/12 10:59 am - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
ty, do u remeber what level u were on. and how long after your surgery did u come off your CPAP
P_Floyd
on 11/16/12 12:18 pm - Canada

I would get things tested. You don't want to fool around with the pressure.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/12 5:47 pm, edited 11/16/12 9:06 pm - Straford, Canada

highly recommend against adjusting the pressure of it until a resp tech or doc does or orders so.  When was your last sleep study?  Generally they do them annually but you might be an exception.  Contact your bariatric centre and talk with your doctor or NP.  

ChrisC74
on 11/16/12 10:11 pm - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
i have my 1 month follow up this wednesday the 21st at TWH, thanx for your replies
Patm
on 11/16/12 10:27 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think you will find the tooting is from your diet. Many of us have this. I have had my pressure in your throat is not going to add to you other end. My has been reducesd and I will go for a sleep test at near one year out.

Monica M.
on 11/16/12 11:00 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

the tooting is not likely related to the cpap.

ShallowGirl
on 11/17/12 4:23 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Yes, I was wondering about that.  

BTW ChrisC74, when you have a TMI post, I expect some vomiting, menstruation, sex, or constipation & diarrhea with descriptions.  

I have been let down !

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

ChrisC74
on 11/17/12 4:34 am - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
lmao at shallowgirl, i will think of something more appropriately TMI, and address it to u next time!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics